Applying ACTIONS Model:
"Print and Post materials""
• How accessible is a particular technology for learners?
Easy to access, learners can access anywhere, any time and any place.
• How flexible is it for a particular target group?
Easy to change and handle.
• What is the cost structure of each technology?
Print and post materials are very cheap .And for that reason, it used in
different education dominos and home.
• What is the unit cost per student?
(Fixed costs + Variable costs) ÷ Total output.
(2970+950) ÷ 50 = 78
3. Teaching and Learning
• What kinds of learning are needed?
• What instructional approaches will best meet these needs?
Swiss cheese Method: nibble away to make holes in the.1
.material rather than gobbling it up all at once
Distributed Learning: Spend a short time (20-30 minutes).2
.learning one thing and then take a break
Chunking & Making Connections: It’s important to make.3
connections among all the details so that they are easier to
• What are the best technologies for supporting teaching and learning in
Computers and sometimes the internet.
• Can the content be adapted to the technology?
Yes we can, print and post materials contain text, pictures, equations, tables
and diagrams, graphs to serve different subject matters from various majors.
• What skills does the technology develop?
Memorizing, Organization, Writing and Reading.
4. Interactivity and User-friendliness
• What kind of interaction does this technology enable?
• How easy is it to use and learn?
Very easy. Everybody can deal with it and learners can access anywhere and
5. Organizational Issues
• What are the organizational and Institutional requirements to provide
stability and support?
In post materials we need financial support, technical support and maintenance
for the computers and internet.
In the printed materials we need human support and technical support and
papers and ink.
• What are the barriers to using this technology successfully within the
- Problems in the computers.
- Availability of materials (ex. printers, ink).
- Lack of suitable resources.
• What changes need to be made within the organization to incorporate the
- Availability of computers, internet servers, papers, printers and ink.
• How new is the technology?
Not new especially printed. But we can say the post us new because sometimes
you need to access interne to get the materials.
• What are its technical capabilities?
Technical capabilities for the post:
Offset and Digital Printing
High Speed Digital Copies
Digital Color Copies & Prints
Technical capabilities for the printed:
- Various font sizes and different colors.
• How quickly can courses be created and distributed with this technology?
Instructor can provide content by: e-book, PDE, using Microsoft office
such as Word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation and it
easy to change and the students easy print it.
Instructor need some time to create the content so to be clearly for
• How quickly can materials be changed?
The materials before it be printed it is easy to change and modified.