A New Vision for Cancer Care
A New Model for the Cancer Program
Steven K. Libutti, MD, FACS
Professor of Surgery and Genetics
• The Montefiore-Einstein Center for Cancer Care
will provide outstanding cancer care to patients
while advancing the science and understanding of
• In its pursuit of novel treatments for cancer, the
Center for Cancer Care will always place the
cancer patient as its foremost priority.
• Deliver outstanding comprehensive cancer care.
• Establish a multidisciplinary disease based service model.
• Reduce the death and suffering due to cancer.
• Develop a translational research program that:
– Brings new findings from the laboratory to the patient
– Relates observations from the patient to the laboratory
• Create a system of care delivery that maximizes outcomes and
minimizes burdens for the cancer patient.
Next Services to Begin Seeing
Patients at Jarrett Place
• Urologic Oncology
• Upper GI Oncology
• Colorectal Oncology
• ECOG - Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group
• ACoSOG - American College of Surgeons
• NSABP - National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and
• Industry - Celsion, Delcath, Celgene, Novartis
• Translational – Association for Cancer Gene
Cancer Biospecimen Repository
• Tumor Tissue
• Normal Tissue
• Clinical Info
• Outcomes data
Strategies for Growth
• Coordination of Marketing, Public Relations
• Affiliation Agreements
• Novel Programs – Endocrine/Neuroendocrine
• Community Outreach