1. The 10 Commandmentsof Social MediaHow to get friends, connections, subscribers,followers, and ultimately, real friends, andmaybe even new customersBy Tyrone TurnerAuthor of THE WHOLE 9 YARDSBreaking Tackles While Building Your Brand(http://amzn.to/SvmUKj)
2. DisclaimerI, Tyrone Turner DO NOT claim to be an expert in onlinesocial media / online social networking, and this reportis a compilation of ideas gathered from various sources.~Tyrone Turner
3. Legal StuffNoticeThis slideshow may be freely distributed at will without prior consent of the author…However; this slideshow mayNOT be sold or altered in any way.All Rights ReservedNo part of this report may be reproduced or transmitted in any form whatsoever, electronic or mechanical,including photocopying or scanning, recording or any informational storage or retrieval system without express,written, dated and signed permission from the author.Disclaimer and/or Legal NoticesThe information presented herein is the opinion of the author as of the date of publication. Because of the ratewith which conditions change, the author reserves the right to alter and update his opinion based on the newconditions. This slideshow is for informational purposes only.While every attempt has been made to verify the information provided in this slideshow, neither the author, nor hisaffiliates/partners, nor his company assume any responsibility for errors, omissions or inaccuracies. Any slightsof people or organizations are unintentional. If advice concerning legal or related matters is needed, the servicesof a fully qualified professional should be sought.This report is not intended as a source for legal or accounting advice. You should be aware of any laws which governbusiness transactions or other business practices in your country or state. Any reference to any person orbusiness whether living or dead is purely coincidental.
4. I. Thou Shalt Watch Ye Step•Learn the rules of thegame for a givensocial network•Add value, and expectnothing in return•Do not be rude, givetoo much personalinfo, salesy or hypey
5. II. Thou Shalt Brand Thyself•What do you want tobe known for?•What is it that makesyou unique?•What does yourmessage say aboutyou and/or yourproduct(s)?
6. III. Thou Shalt Have aMagnetic Profile•Do you have anappropriate profilepicture?•How can you help me orsomeone that I know?Why be your ‘friend’?•What credentials qualifyyou as an expert?
7. IV. Thou Shalt Start WithNo More Than 3 SocialNetworking Sites•Do not start with morethan 3•Grow your rep / brandon these sites•Facebook, Twitter,and LinkedIn aremore than enough
8. V. Thou Shalt Start Your OwnMedia Company•Set up your ownnewspaper, radio show,and television channel•Record audios andvideos about yourpersonal interests and /or your product(s) orservice(s)•Participate in forumdiscussions
9. VI. Thou Shalt Always GiveExtreme Value In Your Content•Endeavor to improvesomeone else’s condition•Demonstrate why peopleshould listen to you, hireyou, or why you are socool•Share your opinions,ideas and best practices
10. VII. Thou Shalt Be Careful WithWhom Thy Connects With•Unsolicited invitationsto connect may justwant to see yourconnections list•Seek out like-mindedindividuals•Start with those whoare in a commongroup
11. VIII. Thou Shalt Take the OnlineConvo Offline•Do not try to do it allonline•Real friendships andrepeat business comesfrom buildingrelationships•Endeavor to add apersonal touch
12. IX. Thou Shalt Have Roadmap•What is your goal forconnecting to folks?•Where are thosepeople coming from?•How much time areyou going to investeach day?
13. X. Thou Shalt Keep It Real•Be who you are, and noone else•Stick to your program,and don’t try to be asupermarket or a know-it-all. You’ll losecredibility•Don’t steal content –give credit where it isdue