Twinfield accountancy portal
Digital financial information exchange through SBR & XBRL
‘In 2005, Dutch Minister Donner
promised the business sector a
reduction of the administrative
• Standardisation of the exchange of
financial data through iXBRL.
• What started off as the Dutch Taxonomy Project was later renamed the Standard
Business Reporting program.
• Parties involved: a.o. Belastingdienst (Tax Authority) | Kamer van Koophandel
(Chamber of Commerce) | Banks | CBS (Statistics Netherlands)
‘Where does SBR/iXBRL come in?’
• SBR/iXBRL now comprises (the drawing up of) financial
documentation and the concluding of accounts' processing.
• Efficiency is maximised when the entire financial chain's process is
managed efficiently as well.
• Both the client and the accounting firm benefit from standardisation.
‘What does Twinﬁeld oﬀer?’
• An approach and extension that both accountant
and entrepreneur benefit from.
• An approach for optimising not only the final stage,
the financial report, but the processing of accounts
• An extension that -at no extra cost- is an integral
part of all of Twinfield's subscription formats.
What does the Twinfield extension look like?
Current financial administration
• Standing data.
• Financial data.
• Reporting structure.
Online accountancy portal
• iXBRL viewer/editor
• Importing of taxonomies.
• Linking to the financial administration.
• Enriching of data (manual, automated, external sources).
• Digitally archiving of documentary evidence.
• Workflow including audit trail and approval.
• Twinfield workflow
• Easily linked up with the accountant's program
• iXBRL portal control
• Portal control to various agencies.
• Certificate control.
SCHEMATIC OVERVIEW - Detail of the iXBRL viewer/editor (Dutch)
‘What are the advantages
for the accountant?’
• Enhanced efficiency through an (internationally)
standardised and thus structured procedure for
creating a financial report.
• Efficiency improvement is maximised when the
Twinfield accountancy portal is combined with
Twinfield's online accounting.
• An improved service to the client by delivering financial
reports more frequently without any extra effort.
• Providing a new service by structuring taxonomies on
behalf of a client.
• Modularly structured, made by and for accountants.
What are the advantages for
• Less of a paper fuss when preparing the financial statements.
• It takes less time to provide third parties such as creditors with the necessary financial reports.
• A better insight into the process with the possibility of intervening at an early stage.
• A clearer information provision may have a positive effect on preserving or obtaining credit.
• Option of summarised profit declaration without Belastingdienst (Tax Authority) intervention.
• The work is carried out completely online.
• Formed in 2000 by André Kwakernaat and
• European market leader in online accounting.
• More than 80.000 accounts in 22 countries and
over 40.000 users.
• ‘Double growth figures’, year after year.
• Accounts are accessible, always and
• Certified by BDO Audit & Assurance.