1. The Journey Begins~It is the first internationally-recognized horticultureexposition to take place inTaipei. We Sunya Int’l Special-Culture Interchange Associationis honored to have the PrimeMinister’s authorization tobe in the charge of buildingsuch a wonderful Garden ofBhutan.
2. AUTHORIZATIONThe Prime Minister andthe Chairlady of the SunyaInt’l Special-CultureInterchange Association-Grace Huang
3. The Prime Minister Instructed to Build a Pavilion of theMedicinal Buddha as the Main Vision for the Bhutan Garden
4. The Design Sketch ofthe Bhutan Pavilion The Computer Graphic by Bhutanese architect 3D DRAWING 3D Drawing by Taiwanese architect
5. MADE IN BHUTANThe Amazing, Dazzling Craft & Art Is from the Contribution ofIngenuity, Time, and Labor of the Distinguished Bhutanese People.The Delicate Wood Carved Components of the Pavilion Are All Made inBhutan, and It Took One Month to Ship to Taiwan.
6. Inspecting the Pavilion BaseThe lawn in front us is the Base of theBhutan Pavilion. It took us several months inspecting and planning, through numerous communications and brainstorming, to make this vacancy into an amazing and dazzling garden.
7. From a flat ground to an expo pavilion patterned on theterrain of Bhutan. The concrete walls made the embryo ofthe garden and assured the safety of the earthwork.
8. ComponentArrivalAfter one month of sea-freight, the containerhad finally arrived inTaiwan safely.The 20 foot containerwas full of componentsfrom Bhutan. When thedoor was opened, theroom was filled with apleasant odor of wood.
9. The First Batch of Components to Arrive at the Pavilion Base
10. To Cement FirmingConstructionThe Base of the Pavilion ofMedicinal Buddha. Workerswere pouring cement to makethe pavilion firm and sturdy.
11. Auspicious Footprints24 Sept. before we left the base, the team had made sure that thecement floor was hardened already, but on the next day, we found thefloor muddy and with these footprints. Bhutanese Venerable Lamassaid that it is a very Auspicious Sign.
12. The Four Pillars of the Pavilion of the Medicinal BuddhaThe Four Pillars of GNH
13. Constructing The Pavilion ofMedicinal Buddha
14. The StupaFilling precious jewelry & The Gate
15. ConstructingThe Bridge & Illustration Board
16. Construction CompletedAfter several months hard working of planning, constructing, and planting,the construction was finally completed.
17. A BIRD’S EYE VIEWA bird’s eye view of the Bhutan Pavilion and the Expo Hall
18. Guiding MapThis guiding map isespecially designedto lead visitors toappreciate the gardenstep by step. It’s thebest way for themto experience theunique and traditionalBhutanese garden.
19. INTRODUCTION FLYER We have made this flyer to introduce the view, religion, arts, construction, etc of the garden, to offer a chance for visitors to look Bhutan from various aspects.Accompanied with docents inBhutanese traditional kira orgol, and a warm greeting of“Kuzuzangpo”, we hopevisitors can experience thewarm hearted feeling andjoy from Bhutan.
20. Here We AreBHUTAN
21. Illustration board on the outside wall:national flower, animal, bird, and tree
22. Illustration board on the outside wall:the traditional craft applied in the garden
23. The facade
24. Prayer wheels
25. the Grand entrance
26. The pavement to the bridge
27. The pond
28. The Dakini (OFFERING GODDESS)
29. A look at the pavilion & stupa
30. The bridge
31. The PavilionMedicinal Buddha
32. HOMAGEVisitors pay their homageto the Medicinal Buddhaand get the endless joyfrom the Buddha andDharma offering Visitors are curious About The traditional Bhutanese Offering to the Buddha
33. The medicinal buddha
34. PILLAR 1 OF GNH PILLAR 2 OF GNH PILLAR 4 OF GNH PILLAR 3 OF GNH
35. The GardenHERBS
36. THE BACK OF THE ENTRANCE
37. CLOSING CEREMONY
38. The opening for the closing ceremony
39. Mayor of Taipei President of ROC President of AIPHMr. Lung-bin Hau Mr. Ma Ying-jou Mr. Doeke Faber
40. The Bhutan Pavilion won the Excellence Award in thecontest of Global Garden Area out from more than 30entrant countries
41. To close the ceremony with a wonderful performance