Address: Herndon, VA 20171
Telephone: (703) 222-9621
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mahapatratushar
Tushar has rich and varied experience in software analysis, design, development, support,
and management. Strong OO experience in architecture and development of Windows/web
services/applications/components using Microsoft .NET technologies like C#, VB.NET, SQL
Server, ASP.NET, and ADO.NET, with deeper involvement in data technologies (XML,
database, web/SOAP services). Open-source technology experience includes development
of web applications using Java EE6, JSF, Primefaces, JPA, Maven, and ETL solutions using
Pentaho Data Integration. Rigorous training on SharePoint 2007. Certified in Microsoft
.NET SKILL SET:
.NET Framework 3.5/4/4.5, C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, Infragistics, SharePoint 2007
SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 9/10, MySQL
Windows Server 2003, 7/Vista/XP/NT/2000
BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON WASHINGTON, DC 09/12 – PRESENT
Enhancement and maintenance of the eCPIC (electronic Capital Planning and Inventory
Control) web application used by 19+ federal agencies. Technologies include .NET 4/4.5,
VB.NET, ASP.NET, AJAX, Infragistics, jQuery, VS2010, Oracle, LINQ, XML.
ASTUTE TECHNOLOGY RESTON, VA 06/12 – 08/12
WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER
Enhancement and maintenance of public websites relating to medical journals. Technologies
involved .NET 2/3.5, C#, ASP.NET, AJAX, jQuery, Visual Studio 2008/2010, SQL Server
2000/2005/2008, Entity Framework, LINQ.
CROWN CONSULTING, INC. HERNDON, VA 01/01 – 04/12
Résumé of Tushar Mahapatra 1/3 August 2014
· 8 years of experience with Microsoft technologies included:
o Design and development of .NET framework consisting of ASP.NET UI and
Windows Service components to aid the development of job queuing systems
supporting long-running processes. Framework was used by self and other
developers to develop several independent data extraction systems. Languages
used were C# and VB.NET.
o Development of .NET data access components for the graphical 3D SDAT
application of the SDAT Enterprise Suite. Components developed in C# facilitated
the serialization/de-serialization of objects to/from XML and SQL Server using
o Analysis and design of UML models which were converted into XSD, which were
then converted to C# code serializing/de-serializing data to/from GML, AIXM3
and AIXM5 (XML) formats.
o Design, development, and support of SDAT Construct, the data interchange
application of the SDAT Enterprise Suite. Involved work with Visual Basic 6, XML,
SOAP, aviation data.
· 3 years of experience with open-source technologies included:
o Analysis, design, and development of multiple Pentaho Data Integration solutions
for ETL of weather data in an Oracle-based data warehouse environment.
o Development of web applications using Java EE 6, JSF, PrimeFaces, JPA, Maven
against Oracle-based data warehouse environment.
CROSSTIER.COM (NOW GEDAS) FAIRFAX, VA 03/00 – 11/00
· Developed proofs-of-concept using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2000, as well as WAP/WML.
· Develop desktop client for collecting dialup status and statistics using Visual C++.
· Developed web-based marketing profile system using ASP and SQL Server.
· Tested and troubleshot eCommerce site using ASP and SQL Server.
RADIAN SYSTEMS INC. (NOW CITRIX) ALEXANDRIA, VA 12/98 – 03/00
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
· Led development of client-server systems relating to state taxes.
· Enhanced, maintained, and supported WorldScan (scanning and image enhancement
POMS CORP. (NOW HONEYWELL) HERNDON, VA 10/97 – 12/98
· Developed product installer using InstallShield3 InstallScript and custom C++ DLL.
· Designed and developed interface between Excel and software product supporting
· Developed client code for manufacturing related software product.
Résumé of Tushar Mahapatra 2/3 August 2014
UNISYS MCLEAN, VA 05/95 – 10/97
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
· Developed VB client to mainframe application.
· Developed VB macros in Excel to QA mainframe database data.
· Led conversion of mainframe based batch systems to mainframe based online systems
with GUI (PowerBuilder) clients.
SETFOCUS, LLC. 9/09 -
SHAREPOINT MASTERS PROGRAM
· 230+ hours of hands-on experience with administration and development with Microsoft
Office SharePoint Server 2007.
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (2002)
National Institute of Technology, Warangal, India 1982
Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering
Résumé of Tushar Mahapatra 3/3 August 2014