Lady Gagas Most MemorableHairstylesPosted by Contessa GaylesLady Gaga may be one of pop musics top style stars, but her ever-changing imagewould be nothing without those tresses -- hair loss be damned! The once brunette Gaga(real name Stefani Germanotta) morphed into the powerful, peroxide-blond superstarwe know today, who always keeps us guessing what her do will do next.In honor of the release of her Born This Way single Hair, weve compiled a list ofGagas most unforgettable hairstyles, from wild stage wigs to her most iconic cuts.12. Lace-y LocksLady Gaga attends the 2009 Ace Awards in New York City in a black lace-covered,platinum-blond fro. The tangled tresses are topped by a tiara fit for a zombie queen. AP
11. Golden ManeWalking onto the 2010 Grammy red carpet in a dazzling, two-toned, bright-yellow wig, italmost looked like Gaga took a highlighter to her hair for a DIY dye project.10. Triangular TressesThe singer showed up looking like a blond Cleopatra in this blunt-bob look at BerlinsIFA fair in September 2009. Her hair became the iconic look for her November 2009release of The Fame Monster EP.
9. Brimmed BangsLady Gagas fringe fanned out into a two-in-one statement hairstyle; her wide-brimmedsunhat shined bright at the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show in LasVegas.8. Pony and ProstheticsGaga sported a Madonna-esque high ponytail and barely-there bangs, accented bycontroversial facial horn implantsonstage at the 2011 Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
7. Skunky StreaksGaga attended a press conference to promote both her album Born This Way and theend of the Monster Ball Tour in a skunk-inspired black-and-blond bob at the St. RegisHotel in May 2011 in Mexico City.6. Outrageous UpdoLady Gaga was a real-life scarecrow with a ratty birds nest-inspired wig at the 2010 BritAwards in London. This sky-high do looked like Don-King-meets-Marge-Simpson -- alltangled in a cobweb.
5. Cold-Cut CoiffureLady Gaga attended the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards in a now infamous raw meatoutfit, complete with a beefy beret atop her gray locks and turquoise tips.4. Soda-Can SalonGaga sports soda-can hair rollers as a jazzed-up jailbird in a spectacularly styled lookfor her March 2010 Telephone video (feat. Beyonce).
3. Pointy PinwheelLady Gaga looked like a sun goddess-meets-porcupine at a V Magazine party inSeptember 2009 in New York City.2. Bow-Tie TopperGaga was at her sweetest in this Minnie Mouse-inspired look at the Nokia 5800 launchparty in January 2009 in London. Arguably her most iconic hairstyle, the blond bow-tieand bangs played a big role in forming Gagas image.
1. Hello-Phone HeadbandThe furry phone tops our list of the shape-shifting singers most un-be-weave-able dos.Gaga went quite literal with this unforgettable (also from her Telephone music video).Theres no arguing that fashion meets function with this head piece! ladygaga.com