1. Content and SEORecipes for an healthy site thanks to backlinks and social mentions Gianluca Fiorelli SEO e Inbound Marketing www.iloveseo.net/ @gfiorelli1 Associate
2. Is it Content really the King?
3. The success of sites likehttps://www.mint.com/
4. Or this onehttp://icanhascheezburger.com
5. Or thishttp://www.oyster.com/
6. Seem confirming it: Content is King
7. So, why do existsites like this one?
8. Advice: in order to not damage you eyes, I prefer to not present the link to this site.
9. Sites like that lead to this:Article Marketing: Mostly A Scam – SEOmoz: http://itseo.org/oyPJaK
10. (maybe done with a tool like this…)
11. Leading to this kind of SERPsGoogle Search: http://itseo.org/zKm9BT
12. Or this
13. Why do we want to be like Sysifus?Google Algorithm Changes History: http://www.seomoz.org/google-algorithm-change
14. (I imagine what some of you is thinking)
15. UGC 719 links from 44 root domainsPictured: A World at 7 Billion (NYTimes): http://itseo.org/wLWt7a
16. UGC 6.027 links from 372 domainsBedjumping 101 with our very own Michael Moski: http://itseo.org/wzkd0j
17. “Code” (Code is Content – Dhamesh Shah, Hubspot) 4.217 links from 728 domainsBedjumping 101 with our very own Michael Moski: http://itseo.org/wzkd0j
18. Infographics Links from 72 domains 498 Likes 184 Tweets 141 reactions in Tumblr Seen +52.511 times in Visual.lyThe Future According to Films: http://itseo.org/zgNcLqAvoid Ordinary Infographics with These 7 Steps (Blueglass): http://itseo.org/wQfEat
19. Interactive infographics 1.160 Links from 316 domains 25.000+ Likes 7.105 TweetsInteractive Music Map (Blog di Thomson.co.uk): http://itseo.org/zv1m03
20. Interactive infographics 3.502 Links from 951 domains 218K Likes 19K Tweets2010 Football World Cup by Marca: http://itseo.org/ySmGjs
21. Interactive infographics 1.184 Links from 292 domains 1K Likes 697 TweetsYou vs. John Paulson (Forex): http://itseo.org/zLKiVaMore information in this post: http://itseo.org/nNKEVy
22. Data visualization 2.527 Links from 352 domains 2864 Likes 298 SharesVisualizing Friendships (Facebook): http://itseo.org/xUZCvh
23. Data visualization 435 Links from 124 domains 94K+ views in FlickrSee something or say something: http://itseo.org/wAizFj
24. Data visualization 3694 Links from 750 domains 5Mio+ views and 16K+ likes in YouTubeHans Roslings 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes (YouTube – BBC): http://itseo.org/xeFfBn
25. Video 231 Links from 97 domains 2Mio views and 40K+ likes 4K+ comments & 20K+ comments in YouTubeGames of Throne Violin Cover (YouTube): http://itseo.org/r0e8Ph
37. Open Data Open Data it’s a philosophy and a practice, which purpose is that certain data can be available to be consulted and used by everyone, without copyright or patents’ restrictions or any other impediment.Google Public Data: http://itseo.org/xjjX7F - World Goverment Data: http://itseo.org/ySjfmz - ManyEyes: http://itseo.org/wCv2fn - Open Knowledge Foundation: http://okfn.org/ - The Finnish Institute inLondon: http://www.finnish-institute.org.uk/ - Ok Festival: http://okfestival.org/
38. Other data sources ($$$)Factual: http://www.factual.com/Factual > Topics: http://itseo.org/zrw1oW
39. Other data sources ($$$)Examples of Apps createdwith SimpleGeo (now UrbanAirship Project Noah localmind posterous HipmunkUrban Airship: http://urbanairship.com/
40. Other sources of data ($$$)http://polymaps.org/
41. Linked Data Linked Data is a web of objects not of documents With Linked Data we can combine and query different kind of data.To know better what Linked Data are and what are the technologies at their base: http://itseo.org/Agwj2qand http://itseo.org/wuTsm2
42. Linked Data –Ad.lySuggested post: http://itseo.org/AccmSS
43. Suggested post: http://itseo.org/AccmSS
44. Suggested post: http://itseo.org/AccmSS
45. Linked Data SourcesLinking Open Data Cloud: http://itseo.org/xdI7GCOther Hub of Sources > Kasabi: http://kasabi.com/ (freemium)
46. Still nothing?
47. The magic world of APIshttp://www.programmableweb.comAPI Directory: http://itseo.org/A14pHF
48. Scraper is not just for Black Hat SEO OutWit Hub (Firefox addon) Scraper (Chrome extension) Using ImportXML Scraper Open Source and CrowdsourcedOutWit: http://itseo.org/vxqMqx - Scraper for Chrome: http://itseo.org/wi9krr - ImportXML Guide diDistilled: http://itseo.org/je868U - ScraperWiki: https://scraperwiki.com/
49. The issue with the sources
50. Experts are a tweet away from youhttp://www.followerwonk.com/
51. Content CurationContent Curation Guide for SEOs: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/content-curation-guide-for-seo
55. Offline > OnlineI explained this idea in this video for Distilled: http://itseo.org/zJUMhs
56. We have no excuses anymore
57. Remember this question?Really is Content the King?
58. My answer Not ReallyThe User is the King
59. WHY someone (WHO) is searching The magic is here But business get fixated with thisTo know more about the concept of Golden Circle: http://itseo.org/n0NBrk
60. The secret key is in the conversationsIntroducing the Conversation Prism (Brian Solis): http://itseo.org/tMCrpv
61. How to listen the conversations Social Media Monitoring Tools Quantitative Analysis Toolswww.socialmention.com – www.topsy.com – www.trackur.com – www.comscore.com –www.quantcast.com – www.compete.com . Bonus: Quantquast Quantifier Wordpress Plugin:http://itseo.org/vTC4No
62. Create PersonasPersonas are not real… They arearchetypes of real users…defined with great precision andattention. Alan Cooper – The Inmates Are Running the Asylum To create Personas is not an exact science, but the result of data extrapolation, which we have gathered listening the conversations. We must test them and see them confirmed with Analytic.For more information see this preso by Vanessa Fox: http://itseo.org/tahTbi or thispost: http://itseo.org/tKkR8O
63. We must learn how our Personas talk
64. Then we classify the keywordsAnd start creating content based over this knowledge we have of our targeted Personas.
65. Actually exists a method for knowing exactly who isvisiting us and what words he used.
66. Would not be bad to know this data NOTE: for privacy issue we must mask sensitive data, like name and surname, but we still can pick generic information Keyword demographics script: http://ipullrank.com/code/keyword-demographics/ - Detailedinfo about keyword demographics: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/keyword-level-demographics
67. Not bad, isn’t it?
68. Give yourself a favor:Rediscover the Why of your business and create your marketing strategy over it
69. Be transparent, becausetransparency is the new gold in web marketing
70. Do not limit your budget and efforts in creating ordinary content. It is not worth the bucks
71. Be bold Be braveAnd people will love you Talk about you (and link to you)