Presentation to ITT Providers at TDA Conference in Birmingham – Final Session
The current 14-19 Workforce Support contract was awarded by DCSF/LSIS to SSAT in a consortium with LSN, Pearson and The Workshop, initially through to 31 st March 2010 - building on last years’ Diploma Support Programme contract.
The main elements of the support programme are face-to-face support, mainly accessed through the www.14-19support.org website, which also provides access to online resources and communities. The main principles of the support are that it should be personalised, adaptable, scaleable and sustainable.
This is the portal through which anyone can access the support programmes and websites associated with the delivery of the Government’s 14-19 reforms.
The website on which the portal is based is the original www.diploma-support.org website which provides a wide range of support opportunities as well as online communities and downloadable resources.
The information and support is organised into eight themes: – 14-19 reform Preparing for delivery Teaching and learning Assessment Information, advice and guidance (IAG) Curriculum planning Working with employers Collaboration
Face-to-face support has over 30 different modules available. The Teaching and learning theme explores applied learning techniques and activities, including writing clear aims and objectives, it outlines strategies that are proven to be successful, with practical examples. Different learning styles are explored with a range of positive strategies to engage learners and manage behaviour. Practitioners can explore their line of learning right down to unit level and get to know the key roles in their consortium for quality assurance and standards of assessment. There is also an overview of the requirements of a Diploma project and the skills needed for learners to undertake them successfully, while ways of embedding personal, learning and thinking skills right across the Diploma are also explored.
Coaching skills and techniques support is available to Diploma line leads and 14-19 reform curriculum leads. This support is designed to help develop coaching skills and technique and is delivered by a specialist team, trained by the Centre of Research and Evidence in Education (CUREE) and includes a coaching toolkit . F urther information and booking are available at www.Diploma-support.org/facetoface/coaching
Practitioners should make expressions of interest for the support they need at www.diploma-support.org The support is, unless otherwise specified, available to everyone and is f lexible and personalised so practitioners choose the modules they need, using the special My Support tool. It is a vailable at times to suit the consortium with twilight sessions available where they are needed.
Diploma line of learning networks are available for each line of learning in every region . They enable line of learning leads and practitioners to share resources and development, they e ngage with practitioners, support providers, employers and key organisations and s howcase best practice. They are a vailable to everyone at www.Diploma-support.org/facetoface/networks
Online communities provide opportunities to share experiences and expertise with other practitioners and improved communication will be available in the r eal time chat room. The communities include line of learning, regional and IAG communities and are a vailable for everyone at www.diploma-support.org
Resources and tools available to support practitioners and line leads include: My Support – a simple filtering tool to help practitioners to choose which support is most relevant to them My Development – a range of practical activities to support professional development (new support staff activities) My Plan –which helps to plan and co-ordinate preparation for the Diploma and document progress Practitioner guide and handbooks – download pdf copies of the generic Diploma Practitioner guide and line of learning handbooks
Other resources and tools available on the website include: Inside Work – Engaging employers, video based case studies and activities to guide employer engagement , exploring the workplace, an insight into today’s workplace and a chance to refresh industry knowledge Emerging practice in Diploma delivery – a series of short films showing how consortia have tackled Diploma delivery, with adaptable downloadable resources Development Projects – a range of 23 different projects have won funding this year and are being developed in consortia across the country Mentoring - It offers a comprehensive pack of resources , supported by a series of expert-led mentoring webinars and a mentoring community. A vailable to everyone from January 2010 at www.diploma-support.org/resourcesandtools/mentoring Other resources – key publications and background documents and a news archive All in all there is a wealth of support just the click of a mouse away at www.diploma-support.org
Emerging practice in Diploma delivery provides a series of short films showing how consortia have tackled Diploma delivery, with adaptable downloadable resources
Exploring the Workplace - video and case study materials which provide an insight into today’s workplace and an opportunity to refresh industry knowledge
Website and resources Support for Local Authorities and Schools – including health checks and modules contextualised to the school setting Guidance publications including: ‘Getting started with Foundation Learning’; A Guide to Foundation Learning for 14-19 managers and teams in Local Authorities’ which includes a Foundation Learning action planner for managers Action planning tools including: an online readiness tool for LAs which will identify stage of readiness against Foundation Learning requirements in Gateway 4 Case studies (website and CD-ROM); video segments and supporting materials On-line CPD training activities (‘My Development’) Foundation Learning in Action newsletter (November and March) Online forums to facilitate the sharing of practice http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/foundationlearning
Support offer Face-to-face support visits from Lead Practitioners Programme news/bulletins Communities – message forums and text chat My Development - a suite of professional development activities Case studies Resource bank Visit www.excellencegateway.org.uk/gqsp
www.14-19support.org contains a wealth of support opportunities and resources for ITT providers, students and practitioners alike.
Now visit the website and take advantage of the offer!
1. 14-19 Workforce Support TDA Conference for ITT Providers 13 January 2010, Birmingham
2. Introduction David Eaton - SSAT Head of 14-19 Regional Networks
3. Aims of presentation <ul><li>To provide an overview of the current 14-19 Workforce Support offer </li></ul><ul><li>To focus on key features of www.14-19support.org </li></ul><ul><li>To explore content of www.diploma-support.org </li></ul><ul><li>To encourage you to access the resources and support available via the ITT web link: www.1419support.org/ITT </li></ul>
6. Themes <ul><li>Over 30 different modules available for face-to-face </li></ul><ul><li>support and development arranged into eight themes. </li></ul><ul><li>14-19 reform </li></ul><ul><li>Preparing for delivery </li></ul><ul><li>Teaching and learning </li></ul><ul><li>Assessment </li></ul><ul><li>Information, advice and guidance (IAG) </li></ul><ul><li>Curriculum planning </li></ul><ul><li>Working with employers </li></ul><ul><li>Collaboration. </li></ul>
7. Finding out about the modules available
8. Coaching skills and techniques
9. Accessing face-to-face support – online requests
10. Diploma line of learning networks
11. Online communities
12. Resources and tools
13. Resources and tools (continued)
14. Views from 14-19 consortia
15. Case studies and films online
16. Foundation Learning Support
17. General Qualifications Support Programme
18. In conclusion
19. <ul><li>Visit www.14-19support.org/ITT </li></ul><ul><li>Encourage students and colleagues to visit and use the website </li></ul><ul><li>Make use of the resources and communities – with opportunities to upload and download files </li></ul><ul><li>Take advantage of face-to-face support offer available, at least until 31 st March 2010. </li></ul>In conclusion