3. In 1899, George Crump, William Poultney Smith, and his brother Ab Smith were playing together when Crump hit his second shot only inches from the cup after his first shot had struck a Z in flight. Simultaneously, the Smith brothers exclaimed that Crump's shot was "a Z." And from that day the three of them referred to such a score as a "W." In short order, the entire membership of the club began using the term. What is W?<br />
4. This game (a portmanteau of X&Y) originated when X players, to be able to touch the ball without violating the formal X ban at the time, would opt for the Y courts when the police would come ask for their ball.<br />
5. X surprised the sports world by signing a minor league baseball contract with the Chicago White Sox. He reported to spring training and was assigned to the team's minor league system on March 31, 1994. X has stated this decision was made to pursue the dream of his late father, who had always envisioned his son as a Major League Baseball player.<br />
7. Referring to X’s lesbianism on the eve of their Y final, Hingis told reporters, "She's here with her girlfriend. She's half a man already.”<br />ID X and Y<br />
X - Amelie MauresmoY - 1999 Australian Open Final<br />
8. X is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in two-player games such as Y. It is named after its creator, a Hungarian-born American physics professor.<br />X was invented as an improved rating system for Y, but today it is also used in association football, American college football and basketball, various computer games and Major League Baseball.<br />
9. Which controversy was created when it came to light that the girl who was thought to be the girl on the left was actually the one on the right.<br />
Beijing Olympic opening ceremony had a girl singing in it. Though the girl on the left sang the song for the ceremony it was later revealed that she was lip-syncing a song originally sung by the girl on the right <br />
<ul><li>10. At the peak of his career, X combined spectacular, free-hitting batting with penetrative left-arm swing bowling and the ability to hang on to a blinding catch in the slips cordon. From the start of his first class career, he earned comparisons with the great Alan Davidson, who was also a product of New South Wales' central coast. A score of 122 on his debut for New South Wales in January 1972, first caught the eye of the Australian selectors, who weren't afraid to blood him at age 22 during an "experimental" season. X's Test debut consisted of 52 runs and 4 for 75 in a big win over New Zealand at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The 12th man for the best part of the 1975 World Cup, he was selected for the semis and the finals and was Australia’s standout performer in both games. These 2 games saw him take 11 wickets(6/14 in the semis) and score an invaluable 28 not out.</li></li></ul><li>Gary Gilmour<br />
11. One of the richest men ever to sit in a Formula 1 cockpit, _______’s motor racing career progressed as a result of his father, owning the Brazilian distribution company CompanhiaBrasileira de Distribuição and the supermarket chain Pão de Açúcar. The only interesting point in his otherwise bland career happened in the Argentina GP of 1996 when his car caught fire and The Sun ran the headline “ _____ in the Oven”. This is one of the most popular and iconic images/headlines to emerge from F1.<br />
<ul><li>13. X are historically the most successful teams in the world. According to the International Federation of Football History and Statistics, an organization recognised by FIFA, X was the second most successful European club in the same period.
Overall, X have won 51 official competitions, more than any other team in the country; 40 in the national First Division, which is also a record, and 11 in UEFA and world competitions, making them the third team in Europe and sixth in the world with the most international titles won officially recognised by their respective continental football confederation and FIFA.
In 1985, X became the first club in the history of European football to have won all three major UEFA club competitions, the European Champion Clubs' Cup, the (now-defunct) UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and the UEFA Cup. After their triumph in the World Club Cup in the same year, X also became the first football team ever —remains the only one at present— to have won all official international competitions</li></li></ul><li>Juventus<br />
14. Amongst ICC sanctioned tests, which team has the lowest win percentage in all test matches played?<br />
<ul><li>15. XY are the only English League club with a day of the week in their name.
The club was initially a cricket club named The Y Cricket Club after the day of the week on which they played their matches. The footballing side of the club was established to keep the team together and fit during the winter months.
ID the team and give the reason for using Y in their name?</li></li></ul><li>Sheffield Wednesday<br />
18. "Now, y'all would guess that more often than not, the highest paid player on an NFL team is the quarterback. And you'd be right. But what you probably don't know is that more often than not, the second highest paid player is, thanks to Lawrence Taylor, a left tackle. Because, as every housewife knows, the first check you write is for the mortgage, but the second is for the insurance. The left tackle's job is to protect the quarterback from what he can't see coming. To protect his _____ ____."<br />
<ul><li>21. "It took a lot of courage for him to befriend me in front of Hitler... You can melt down all the medals and cups I have and they wouldn't be a plating on the twenty-four karat friendship that I felt for ___ _____ at that moment." —Jesse Owens on someone who for his spirit of sportsmanship, was posthumously awarded the Pierre de Coubertin medal.</li></li></ul><li>Lutz Long<br />
22. Name the winner of the inaugural Bharat Ratna, who also went on to become the first sportsperson to receive the PadmaVibhushan.He is currently not the World No. 1 but he is the World champion.<br />
25. This Chelsea rising star created a very unique record when he made his first team debut against Zilina in the Champions League on 15/9/2010. What ‘unique’ record did he create?<br />
First player to be born after the start of the Champions League to play in it.<br />
<ul><li>26. The FIFA X Award is an award established on October 20, 2009 by FIFA at the behest of FIFA (FédérationInternationale de Football Association) President Sepp Blatter in order to award the player, male or female, judged to have scored the most aesthetically significant and "most beautiful" goal of the year. X name is in commemoration of the new-created FIFA Goal of the Year award.
"It is important to preserve the memory of those footballing greats who have left their mark on our history. X was not only a player with immense talent who won many honours, but also a remarkable man. FIFA is therefore delighted to pay tribute to him by dedicating this award to his memory," said Blatter at the inauguration of the award in Budapest</li></li></ul><li>Ferenc Puskas<br />
27. Identify the Olympic Games using this picture?<br />
28. Since the time that NBA players were allowed to play for USA in the Olympics, the first time that USA did not win the gold was in __________ . Also who defeated USA in the semis that year?<br />