View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
A Note from Sept/Oct Sponsor Report
SwineCast Impression Stats
Market volatility in general speaks
volumes about the consumers will-
ingness to pay and producers ability
to continue in light of today’s seri- 90,000
ous market extremes. Where two 80,000
months ago the issue was high feed
costs, those feed costs are down
sharply as fund speculators looked 60,000 Banner Impressions
to raise cash from any available 50,000
source including the liquidation of
40,000 Email Impressions
The good news is that pork is posi- Podcast Impressions
tioned to benefit from an economic
downturn as a lower-cost protein. 10,000
The challenge comes as those fast -
moving markets may have caught Sep Oct Total
producers with too much feed
hedged. Those resultant margin
calls tend to make lenders unfriend-
ly as you return to the table for next
year’s operating loans.
At least two major ethanol com-
panies, source for both consumer
biofuels and agriculture’s Distillers Podcast Downloads
Dried Grains feedstuffs, have de-
clared bankruptcy as they were on
the wrong side of those price moves September
of historic proportion. “Agricul-
ture’s New Golden Era” may still 19,020 October
be intact, but certainly some of the
bloom has faded from the ‘rows’.
Interesting times... keeping up with
our producers questions and con-
cerns make for interesting podcasts
Sept/Oct Sponsor Report
Events Attended Sept/Oct
• Exclusive Leman Conference Coverage
• Midwest Pork Conference
18 shows were produced
• International DDGs Conference 1,668 average downloads per
episode in September/October
30,041 total podcasts downloaded
60,082 podcast impressions
16,980 email impressions
45 interviews conducted 9,257 banner impressions
86,319 total impressions
See Who’s Listening
Sept/Oct Sponsor Report
“Providing necessary Benefits of Podcasting
information to an
industry greatly in • Enhance customer intimacy.
need of sharing.
Growth comes from
• Engage decision makers and influencers.
knowledge.” • Share product messages and stories more dynamically than most other media.
- SwineCast • Connect with customers where traditional marketing/sales do not.
Listener • Deliver valuable insight to customers like no other company.
• Integrate with other components of the marketing mix.
• Provide a convenient source of information that can be listened to where and when
• Feedback sought regularly through Web comments, surveys, email feedback, and
• Incredibly flexible and responsive – Changes to content and format are made
quickly in response to customer interests and recommendations.
• Coverage of industry events, promotion, and travel are included as part of the
sponsorship without additional expense.
Truffle Connects you and
your Key influencers &
• Producers of the most downloaded agricultural podcasts
• Largest source of online interviews
• Widest array of agricultural sponsorship
• Sophisticated member tracking
• Relationships with international media and information sources
• Preferred conference content distribution partner
• Information people are asking for
• Integrated content management
For more information contact Aaron Gilbertie