Management:• Trial of clotriamzole• Review with the results
• 11 April 2011• Phone call from Public Health Medical Ofﬁcer• Chlamydia was detected• Questioning child safety and child abuse• Asked receptionist to call mother to come in to discuss the results.
• Later on that day phone call from a Supervisor at S&N• Gonorrhea also detected• Recommended adding on Trichomonas• Advice on treating with Azithromycin and Ceftriaxone +/- Doxycyclin• Also to do bloods for HIV and Syphilis
• 12 April 2011• Presented with mother• Sx less severe after clotrimazole• Results given• Treatment plan explained• Mother happy to cover with Doxycyclin
• Boy’s mobile obtained• Reassured the conﬁdentiality• Blood form for syphilis and HIV given• Return if any concern
• 15 April 2011• Trichomonas was negative• Sexual partner contacted on his mobile and notiﬁed about the STD and advised to see his GP or Sexual Health Service.• Appointment made for the following day