1. Let’s Create a Better Plate!
Ms. Bradley and Mrs. Roderique
7th Grade Health
2. What are we going to do?
• Find out about good nutrition and MyPlate.
• Figure out 3 ways we can each do better.
• Research those areas.
• Create a poster.
• Share our posters with the class.
3. Step 1: Create a
<iframe width="560" height="315"
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></ (I still have to embed
this; they are currently having “temporary server issues.”)
4. Step 2: Take the quiz!
Write down your results on your notes sheet.
5. Step 3: Explore the other
sites on the top left of your
webmix. Like this…
(I am going to explain this part using the webmix
projected onto the screen.)
6. Step 4: Look at “10 Tips to a Healthier
Plate.” Pick three areas where you can
improve your “Plate.” Like this…
(I am going to do this on the screen using an
example of my own.)
Write them down on your notes sheet.
7. Step 4: find sites on the
webmix that pertain to
your three areas.Like this…
(I am going to do this the same way.)
8. Now it’s time to locate good
sources for your three areas.
YES: Books on center table, Ms. Bradley, Ms. Wall,
9. Avoid the “junk food” of research projects!
• But Why?...
10. What I Found Out
Where I Got it From*
Gatorade is not OK
to have with my
breakfast. It has
too much sugar.
Water is better
because it can help
my skin look less
*Use at least four sources, all from the webmix or the books
on the center table
11. Now for the fun part…
Create a poster that shows what you have learned.
12. Your Poster Will Include…
>Plates with one of each meal from
your food diary…pick the three worst
>New and improved plates for
breakfast, lunch, and dinner based on
improvements you learned about.
Three ways your health will be
improved if you eat the better meals.
A list of the books and websites you
Titles and captions that explain your
plates. (total of 6 plates)
• Doing research the way it was
supposed to be done
• 4 = outstanding job!
• Creative, neat, colorful,
• 3 = nicely done
• 2 = ok, but not great
• Clear, interesting presentation to • 1 = very poorly done, or not
done at all
• Completing the Notes Sheet
according to directions