HRevolution – History
Created in 2009
Started by a Tweet
Response to high cost of
Today’s HRevolution-style topic:
Your Kid Will Never
Work in an Office
In their own words – how smartphone
users describe their phones
Source – Pew Internet and American Life Project
“'If you want to know what people like us will do tomorrow. you look
at what teenagers are doing today. And the latest figures say that
only 11% of teenagers email daily.' Email is the past. Texting, IM and
Facebook are the future.”
- Facebook COO, Sheryl Sandberg
So how should
we prepare our kids?
Source – Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce
1. How do you see the format, organization, and concept of ‘work’
changing in the next 10 years? What are the implications?
2. How can we prepare the next generation for these changes? Or will
the changes in technology, connectivity, and access to information
simply act as change agents?
3. What can organizations do to prepare for and take advantage of
these changes? Where are organizations falling behind?
4. How can an organization or an individual balance planning for the
new world of work with the short-term challenges and needs of
simply running their business?
5. How do we need to adapt or create new workplace or personal
technologies to best take advantage of all of these changes?