“If Apple was like everyone else a marketing message might be: We make great computers. They’re user friendly. Want to buy one? …Here’s how Apple actually communicates: everything we do, We believe in challenging the status quo, we believe in thinking differently. The way we challenge the status quo is by making our products beautifully designed, simple to use, and user friendly. We just happen to make great computers. Want to buy one?”“The goal is not to do business with everybody who needs what you have, the goal is to do business with people who believe what you believe.” So start with why instead of what when you are rethinking your marketing strategy, and this flip can change how people think about your company and why they should do business with you. This applies directly to HR and team leadership
Look at the Zappos website…
Note that nowhere on this page is anything that says “we sell shoes”
Here’s what it looks like at TribeHR
1. Brilliant Employer BrandingUsing Social Media for Stupendous Recruiting Results JOSEPH FUNG, CEO
2. MANAGING OVER 10,000 EMPLOYEESWe’ve seen alot, and 100% ofthe best ideascome fromcustomers.
3. What’s in a Brand?
4. Branding Happens In the Middle Corporate Your Identity Promise Customer Opinion
5. Why Do I Care?
6. Better Hires Better CultureBetter Performance
7. Your Mission: Employer Branding Identity Communicate Authentically Promise Participate Appropriately Opinion Share and Make Shareable
8. Authenticity Comes FromIndividual Participation
9. “Appropriately” IncludesTiming and Voice
10. Great Stories Will BeRemembered and Shared
11. 5 Step Plan for Employer BrandingIn Partnership With Your Marketing/Communications Team 1. Collect Identity Guidelines 2. Articulate Promise to Employees 3. Determine Desired (Specific) Market Opinion 4. Share and Reply (Officially) 5. Empower Employee Sharing
12. PromiseGreat Work EnvironmentPassionate PeopleOpinionYoung, Tech, Web-Savvy