Elliott at The National Gallery
Very EY PGCE
• After one of Elliott’s
favourite journeys on
the Piccadilly line to
Piccadilly Circus &
noticing the gallery
Elliott sees his second
Wow! of the day.
• Here is Elliott with
Kirsta his mum under
the Blue Chicken
outside the National
• We start lining up with
the other students but
Elliott is a bit shy.
• Many of the students
know about him & are
delighted to meet him.
Elliott is not quite so
• This is the first picture that Elliott’s group look at.
• “The Coronation of Mary” by Lorenzo Monaco
• Jo is our guide & makes everyone feel very comfortable.
“Put away those note books & just enjoy the painting.”
• Elliott spots the angels & tries to answer every question
• The 2nd picture is a landscape “ 4 Cows Milkmaid & other
characters with town in the background”.
• Elliott plays a starring role as the dog & helps Jo
demonstrate what is happening in one part of the painting.
• Elliott is a very good dog & produces a few “woofs” too.
• This is the 3rd picture “The Storm” by Turner.
• Elliott thinks this is about pirates & we go for a
wander to meet Rembrandt. Elliott likes the
painting of a horse.
• Elliott & I go on a bit of a journey through “Monet land”
starting with the Bridge. Somehow or another we start
looking for places where crocodiles might like to live &
hide in other Monet paintings. Crocodiles would like these
watery places & could hide easily.
Would crocodiles like to live in these places?
Why is that?
Would crocodiles like to live in any of these places?
Why would that be ?
• We have all had a lovely
morning in the Gallery.
• Now its time to find the
• Elliott could chose one
thing. He wanted a toy
soldier. So we sang many
renditions of the “Grand
Old Duke of York” as we
got ready to leave.
• These are two of the postcards we chose.
• Monet’s Bridge to remind us about the crocodile
adventure & Stubb’s Horse.
• Time for a run about
• Let’s go!
• Lunch in Pret a Manger with Elliott’s mum & Dad
(David). We all went to visit David’s new work place &
Elliott met even more people.
• As to what Elliott liked the best - Jo the NG guide made a
very strong & lasting impression!