Confidential Posting: Looking for a strong individual that understands creativity, profitability and
how to tie these to the bottom line and get buy in from other areas of the company.
Contact Info: Send qualifications and compensation requirements to EErecruiting@ymail.com.
Title: Director of Merchandising
Location: Fort Wayne , IN area
1. Manage the development of the merchandising studies program, including the designing,
managing of resources, training Sales staff in the understanding and use of the tools and consistent
use of the program.
2. Responsible for the merchandising of the company’s product lines and categories.
3. Presents ideas for new business ventures, product concepts, catalog development, pricing and
promotional strategies on a regular basis.
4. Reviews product performance continually through product life cycle to ensure attainment of
5. Reviews and evaluates customer demand and sales trends to determine where to place products for
6. Analyzing weekly and daily key performance results.
7. Ensures that assigned product categories are priced profitably and competitively and offers are
relevant in the marketplace.
8. Manages process relative to product and display mock-ups, as well as budget planning for
merchandising and mock-up consumables.
9. Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, marketing,
schedule and sales information for product lines and categories.
10. Researches and coordinates partnerships with outside merchandising resources.
11. Design and publish diagrams indicating how to arrange merchandise on the sales floor to optimize
12. Manage and implement timely and proper updates and designs of plan-o-grams.
13. Responsible for managing the sets or resets of a store by following a plan-o-gram.
14. Ensures that manufacturer’s racks are constructed or assembled for display, and equipment is
15. Manages the placement of shelf tags and signs on shelving, and ensures that the customer has all
16. Manages and directs Field Merchandisers with store visits.
17. Implements new marketing projects as well as maintaining current projects.
18. Prepare and communicate sales presentation materials to business development personnel.
19. Develops objectives and processes to implement merchandising initiatives, which include
coordinating and monitoring the company's merchandising system.
20. Demonstrates support of customer service and responding to changing service level requirements.
21. Seeks to identify any process improvement.
22. Prepares and submits bill of material/set-up information for Forecasting.
23. Overall responsibility is to align merchandising to prove ability to increase profitability for our
24. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Needs to be an organized, pro-active self-starter with ability to meet deadlines. Strong sense of
urgency combined with a flexible attitude to adapt to new and varied challenges. Ability to plan
and accomplish goals.
3. A wide degree of creativity is expected.
4. Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general
business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
5. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs. Ability to quantify, qualify and interpret
6. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.