An introduction to Transport IntelligencePresentation Transcript
An Introduction to Transport Intelligence
A presentation of Ti’s origins, expertise and market research
resources as well as our additional products and services
• Established in 2002 to fill a gap in the market for high quality,
affordable market research
• Ti is a leading provider of market research solutions to the global
• Advisors to the World Economic Forum, World Bank, UN and
• Global research centre based in UK; offices in Atlanta, USA and
• Pillars of growth: Research reports, Consulting, Knowledge
Portals, M&A, Conferences/Training
• Ti’s Global Associate Network provides a multi-country, multi-
disciplinary and multi-lingual extension to Ti’s capabilities
1. Ti’s Origin and Development
2. What Sets Ti Apart?
• Globally recognised and trusted brand
• Ten years of knowledge delivery to global manufacturers,
retailers, banks, consultancies, shipping lines and logistics
• Industry experienced researchers, analysts and associates
• High level network of industry contacts
• Unrivalled internal knowledge resource
• Global network of consultants
• Unique web-based intelligence portals
• Interactive dashboard
• On-going and comprehensive programmes of primary
3. Geographical coverage
4. Expertise you can rely on
John Manners-Bell MSc FCILT, Chief Executive
Over twenty years experience in the global logistics industry both with operators and
consultancies. Researched and travelled extensively – India, China, Japan, USA as well as Europe.
Advisor to World Economic Forum, European Commission and UN. Regular contributor to Radio &
TV, Financial Times, Economist, national media and trade press.
Joel Ray BA MCILT, Head of Consultancy
A career dedicated to strategic consultancy and corporate development in the logistics industry,
including a period as strategic manager with a European Post Office. Particular expertise in
distribution property, express logistics and assisting different vertical sectors developing their
logistics strategies. Extensive travel and research in Middle East, India and Asia.
Thomas Cullen MSc, Chief Analyst
Thomas is a widely respected writer and has been analyzing the global logistics market for over 15
years. He has edited a number of international publications and written for most of the leading
trade publications in Europe. He has written several in-depth reports on a variety of subjects
including Automotive and Chemical logistics.
Cathy Roberson, Senior Americas Analyst
Cathy is an experienced professional in knowledge management, combining an in-depth
understanding of the supply chain industry with extensive market intelligence skills. Before being
appointed Ti’s Senior Analyst she spent several years at UPS Supply Chain Solutions as a marketing
analyst within the Freight Forwarding group.
Mark Millar, Head of Operations, Asia Pacific
With vast experience of the mainland China market, including executive positions at Exel and UPS
SCS Mark has unrivalled expertise in the Asia logistics market. He is a regular speaker at
conferences throughout the region.
5. A trusted market commentator
• Report portfolio comprehensively
covers the logistics and supply chain
industry by key market segments,
vertical sectors and geography.
• Each report contains:
• High value analysis by senior
• An overview of the market
• Trend identification
• Market sizing and forecasts
• Market share
• Company profiles
• Client profiles (where applicable)
6. Market research reports
7. Market Intelligence Reports
In depth analysis of market, geographical and industry sectors:
• Global Freight Forwarding
• Global Contract Logistics
• Global Transport & Logistics Financial Analysis
• International Express Parcels
• European Road Freight Transport
• European Distribution & Warehousing
• Global Transport & Logistics Financial Analysis
• European Mail
• North America e-commerce Logistics
• North American Distribution & Warehousing
• South America Transport & Logistics
• US Trucking, Intermodal and Rail
• Asia Pacific Logistics
• China Logistics
• India Transport & Logistics
• Vietnam Logistics
Middle East and Africa:
• Sub-Saharan Africa Logistics
• Middle East Logistics
• Egypt Logistics
• CEP Markets (by country)
• Global Automotive Logistics
• Global High Tech Logistics
• Global Chemical Logistics
• Global Pharmaceutical Logistics
The Ti Dashboard provides over 90 charts and tables of the most
important macro and industry specific indicators from around the world,
keeping you right up to date with the latest trends and developments.
Subscription to the Ti Dashboard will give you access to data sources
• Macro-Economic indicators
• Export & Import data
• Oil prices
• Industry vertical sector data
• Sea freight
• Air cargo
• Overland (encompassing Intermodal/rail and road freight)
8. Ti Dashboard & Logistics Monitors
Ti’s range of Logistics Monitors provide monthly updates on the state
of the transportation and logistics market by drawing together the
leading air, sea, road and rail indicators from around the world.
The Monitors also provide a snapshot of the latest economic, trade
and consumer confidence indices.
9. Web-Based Knowledge Portal
Ti’s web-based knowledge portal have been designed to provide clients with
an intelligence resource accessible from anywhere in the world including:
– Country market profiles.
– Industry sector profiles (consumer, high tech,
automotive, healthcare/pharmaceutical etc).
– Industry segment profiles (e.g. express, 3PL,
road transport, freight forwarding etc).
– Profiles of companies in all key logistics
– End user profiles. Profiles of the key logistics
service buyers (manufacturers, retailers) with
specific focus on logistics strategies and
– News and analysis. Access to an archive of
over several thousand news analysis briefs
and daily updates.
10. Sponsorship Partner Programme
Ti’s brand awareness and web presence provides extensive marketing
opportunities for selected partners. By aligning themselves to Ti’s brand,
• Benefit from being associated with the leading provider of
independent expert analysis on a global basis
• Market their services to over 29,000 high quality industry
professionals worldwide raising awareness amongst logistics market
and banking/consulting communities.
• Benefit from a vehicle for market entry or new product launch
through increased brand awareness.
• For key partners, Ti provides opportunities for sponsorship of
Whitepapers, Surveys, Webcasts and other value adding knowledge
• Ti works with partners to develop a tailored approach for their marketing
• The Agility Emerging Market Logistics Index has enhanced
Agility’s reputation as a provider of logistics services to the
developing world. It was also ‘Gold’ sponsor of Ti’s
• The monthly Stifel Nicolaus Logistics Confidence Index is
compiled by Transport Intelligence and reported upon
throughout industry media.
• In conjunction with FreightEx, Ti produces a quarterly
analysis of European road freight rates, increasing
awareness of FreightEx’s range of data and information.
• Port of Halifax used Ti’s Logistics Briefing as a way of
increasing its brand awareness for logistics companies and
• Kewill sponsors an annual survey and whitepaper looking
at IT usage and environmental issues in logistics.
11. Who has benefited from the Partner Programme?
12. Ti Conferences
Emerging Logistics Markets & Global Logistics Roundtable
• A three day event held September 2013 in Singapore:
Emerging Logistics Markets Conference – Asia sponsored by
Agility and the BT Global Logistics Roundtable.
• A unique event that produced great networking opportunities
by bringing together Ti analysts, academics, economists,
industry practitioners, consultants and supply chain experts in
the world’s fastest growing logistics market.
• The two-day Emerging Logistics Markets Conference focused on investment
opportunities, supply chain vulnerability in emerging economies and trends such
as the threat of near-sourcing to Asian manufacturing.
• The BT Future Logistics Day provided a strategic insight into pressing topics such as
3D Printing, the fuel cost conundrum and the rise of megacities.
• Ti’s next conference is set to take place in Dubai in Spring 2014
12. Ti Conferences
Global Distribution Strategies Series of Conferences
• The Global Distribution Strategies Conferences - held in
Amsterdam, Brussels and Hong Kong - brought together
leading practitioners in the global logistics industry
within a single forum.
• Ti used its industry contacts and knowledge to develop a
conference programme which addressed the key issues
facing the industry. The conference was driven by
content, not by sales pitches.
• Competitive differentiator included presentations from many of Ti’s own senior
analysts brought together from UK, Europe and China.
• Sponsors reach went beyond the conference room – pre- and post- publicity
extended communications over a six month period (through a series of
announcements and whitepapers/surveys etc
• Added value included ‘Meet the Experts’ day; pre-conference training day as
well as in-conference workshops developed by CapGemini
13. Ti Consulting
– Requirement for specific in-depth analysis into areas not normally covered
by general products. In these instances Ti is able to provide information
on a bespoke basis.
– Typical projects include:
•Competitor, shipper, customer profiling / analysis
•Market entry studies
•Customer satisfaction / perception studies
•Strategy formulation / market positioning, etc
•Segmented market sizing exercises
•M&A partner searches
– This often involves using a mix of primary and secondary research and
drawing from Ti’s own information resources.
14. Extensive Overseas Projects
• UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal,
Scandinavia, Slovakia, Serbia, Turkey, etc.
• North America
• USA, Mexico, Canada
• Latin America
• Hong Kong, China, Vietnam, Japan, Australia, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea
• Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus
• Middle East / North Africa
• Egypt, Morocco, UAE, Jordan, Oman, Qatar, Lebanon, Tunisia, Syria, Algeria,
Tunisia, Yemen, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait
• Sub-Saharan Africa
• Nigeria, Niger, Kenya, Tanzania, Senegal, Cameroon, Liberia, Ivory Coast,
Ghana, Benin, Togo, Mali, Burkina Faso
15. Specialist Advice to the Manufacturing/Retail
16. Specialist Advice to the Strategic Consulting &
17. Specialist Advice to the Express & Logistics
18. Contact Transport Intelligence
For more information about the information contained with this report
or about any of Ti’s products and services contact :
Transport Intelligence Ltd
Global Head Office: +44 (0)1666 519900
Mike Nordmann: firstname.lastname@example.org