2. Introduction to JIRA JIRA for Administrators Manage Projects/ Project Categories Manage Users/ Groups/Roles Manage Issues:Types,Workflows, Fields,Attributes JIRA for project members Dashboard and SCRUM board Create a backlog Planning, executing, reporting DEMO QA2
3. JIRA lets you prioritize, assign, track, report and audit your“issues”, from software bugs and helpdesk tickets to projecttasks and change requests. More than just an issue tracker, JIRA is an extensible platformthat you can customize to match your business processes JIRA improves productivity by cutting down on time wastedon tracking issues and coordination. JIRA improves quality by ensuring all tasks are recorded downwith all the details and followed up till completion.4
4. Bugs/Change RequestsTrackingHelp-desk / Support / Customer ServiceProject ManagementTaskTrackingRequirements ManagementWorkflow / Process Management5
5. Agile development offers a new way ofthinking about software development. But!Its fundamental unit is still a task — and those tasks need tobe organized, allocated, scheduled and tracked as theyproliferate. Thats where JIRA comes in.6
7. SprintRoles in project9
9. Epic, Feature Request, Bug, Improvement, Story…TO DO, IN PROGRESS, IN REVIEW, DONE11
10. Assigned to MeManage your filters13
11. BugsStorySub-taskEasy to configure14
12. 15 The PO compiles the requirements The requirements are broken down intosegments (should be part-deliverabale).In JIRA: “Epic”, “Story”, “Feature”, etc. The PO personally creates a prioritizedlist. In JIRA: field “Priority” In the beginning of each Sprint the PO"freezes" the foremost items on the listand summons the ScrumTeam to ameeting.
13. 16PO "freezes" the foremost items
14. 17• Before each Sprint, the highest prioritized goals aretransferred to a Sprint Backlog• In the Sprint planning meeting, Scrum Master & ScrumTeam work with PO to determines the goal of the Sprint. Estimate the points can do in the Sprint• The goal consists of prioritized functionality broken downinto detailed tasks• The Scrum Team is self-organized and the members havea joint responsibility for the results Have estimation and owner of each task
15. 18• Move tasks to “In Progress” column• Keep them updated by inputting Work Logat the end of every day.
16. 19• Issue type should be “Bug”• Should use Issue Link to connect to theUser Story (for tracking purpose)
18. Atlassian JIRAhttps://confluence.atlassian.com Adapting JIRA for Scrum - Paul RenéJorgensen Wikipedia – Scrumhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_(software_development)21