Social Media 101: A presentation for United Way Oakville
Social Media 101
United Way Oakville
March 26, 2014
Discussion points today
• Why social media?
• Quick review of major tools
• Integration of social media into
Traditional vs. social media
• Broadcast vs. conversation
• Control vs. lack of control
• Static vs. frequently updated
Benefits of social media
• Publish information easily and quickly
• Take the pulse of people
• Increase awareness
• Show human face of your organization
• Build relationships
• Be better positioned in case of crisis
• Integrated with Google Search, etc.
• Google Hangouts useful for video conferences,
meetings; Hangouts on Air – live broadcast
• You can create and nourish Communities
• Network and learn
• Build yourself up as trusted authority
Social media measurement
• What are you trying to accomplish?
• Is it happening?
• Google Analytics
• Facebook Insights
• Various Twitter statistics
• Free and paid tools
“It’s not information
overload. It’s filter failure.”
– Clay Shirky
Why should YOU care about
• Helps you keep up with rapid flow of
• Positions you as a learner and thought leader.
• Helps differentiate you.
• Can boost your content marketing efforts.
Original vs. curated content
Follow the 70/30 rule (With thanks to Todd
Defren of SHIFT)
Social media +
Content marketing defined
• Creating and publishing relevant, valuable
content that attracts and engages a
clearly defined audience.
• Must have an objective.
• Not sales-y material.
Benefits of content marketing
• Get better SEO
• Build word-of-mouth buzz
• Be known as thought leader
• Generate more interest in your
Become a social media power user
• Use social media every day to learn and share
• You do not need to be on all platforms; pick a
• Always engage; be generous
• “Think” social media; make time for it!
• Keep learning
• Ask and answer questions
• Share links, photos videos
• Run contests (check rules first)
• “Give before you get”
Suggestions for your roadmap
• Goals, strategies, THEN tactics
• Choose social networks (where is audience?)
and automation tools
• Make sure your profiles rock
• Always share great content
• Engage with people; don’t just broadcast
Please keep in touch