1. Dove Digital Campaign <ul><li>Cyber Boomerang Entry </li></ul>
3. The Brand
4. Builds a foundation of trust in its relationship with consumers Draws its strength from the experiences and emotions of real women Strives to provide more than just the functional promise of beautiful skin Gives women a genuinely personal, uplifting feeling about their own beauty. Firmly rooted in the real world of women
5. Over time, Dove has developed a wide fan base composed of real women sharing real thoughts and real views regarding their value of real beauty . It launched its award-winning, globally-recognized Campaign for Real Beauty in 2004, an advocacy that aims to effect societal change by challenging stereotypical views of beauty.
6. The Client’s Brief
7. The Brief <ul><li>Dove is a brand with a strong heritage , a clear identity , and a deeply established relationship with its consumers. </li></ul><ul><li>The agency was challenged to build a website-centric digital campaign that would: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Showcase the brand’s product range </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Provide information about the Campaign for Real Beauty and the Dove Self-Esteem Fund </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Keep consumers updated with the latest brand events and news </li></ul></ul>
8. <ul><li>Upscale (ABC1) women aged 20 and above who are modern, independent, and most importantly, REAL . </li></ul>
9. The Execution
10. The agency went beyond the brief by not just building a brand website: it created a community of brand advocates , believers , and content creators , all real women .
11. At the center of the campaign was Dove.ph , the brand website.
12. Aside from the basic requirements of the brief ...
13. ... the site served as a hub for real women , giving them a hub to express out their real thoughts, views, and voices about womanhood, work, family, love, and life in general.
14. A section called Real Thoughts showcases 11 of the top women bloggers in the Philippines. Each of them writes about her own area of interest; all of them write about what it means to be a woman. It utilizes RSS and Flash to display the latest entries from each woman’s blog, allowing users to view all their favorite bloggers all on one page .
15. Another section called Real Views invites women to upload their own pictures and share their own thoughts about the real definition of beauty .
16. Real Voices - the site’s discussion boards - allows the site’s users to talk with each other regarding various issues and concerns that are relevant to real women.
17. The agency recognizes that a true online community goes beyond a website, so it tapped existing Dove users in different social networks to strengthen its foothold in the digital space.
18. A Brand Page was set up on Facebook to mobilize users of the core Dove brand - site updates are posted on this page’s wall to drive traffic back to the brand site.
19. A bubbly persona was created on the popular microblogging site Plurk for the launch of the Dove Go Fresh! line, which caters to younger women.
20. Display ads were placed on portals like Yahoo!, Multiply, Facebook, Female Network, and Stir.ph to drive traffic to the site.
21. To drive organic traffic to the site, the agency also created several viral quizzes and applications which were seeded via the Plurk and Facebook communities.
22. One notable viral application is the Dove Shower Remixer , a Flash application which allows users to create their customized shower tracks by assembling their ideal bathroom.
24. The agency was able to deliver the two-fold promise of functionality and emotional connection that the Dove brand is widely known for.
25. Millions of impressions to women reached through drive-to-site display advertising on portals and social networking sites that they frequent Almost 25,000 avid and vocal Dove users serving as a viral seedbed on Facebook, generating over 200 wall posts, 1000+ fan likes, and more than 600 comments on branded wall posts Over 300 young and bubbly advocates of Dove Go Fresh on Plurk Almost 40,000 unique visitors to the brand site, generating almost 80,000 page views. At least 1,000 users who have interacted with viral quizzes, applications, and polls seeded via social networks.