Thekkady is an enchanting place rich with plantations,
lakes and jungles.
The area is very rich with dense evergreen, semi-
evergreen, moist deciduous forests and savanna grass
The jungles is home to many species of birds and
animals and the flora is something to watch out. The
Periyar tiger reserve sanctuary is an absolutely
stunning landmark over here.
Welcome to THE NATURE!
FACTS & FIGURES
• The destination is situated in the Kerala-Tamil Nadu border.
• Home to herds of elephants, sambar, tigers, gaur, lion tailed
monkeys and Nilgiri langurs.
• Periyar wildlife sanctuary is spread in around 777 sq kms of land
• There is a huge artificial lake formed by the Mullaperiyar dam which
is magnificent sight to watch.
• The land is rich with natural spices like cardamom, cinnamon, black
pepper and cloves.
• It’s a home to coffee plantations extending in acres and acres of
• Tree houses are a peculiar attraction of this place which enables
you to connect with the nature in a different ambience.
Extinct Flora & Fauna