1. Anyone interested in trying out
for High School Cheer or Dance
is required to attend a
mandatory meeting Sunday
February 16th at 2:00pm in the
VBHS Safe room. If you cannot
attend the meeting, you must
contact Coach Dean or Coach
Newby in advance.
2. JLA-Junior Literacy & Arts
The third X-Men movie
showing will take place
Tues. Feb 4th from 3:155:30 in Pointer Hall.
•Make sure you have turned
in your permission slip and
made arrangements to be
picked up at 5:30.
3. Habit 5:
Seek First to
Then to be
4. Work on your listening skills today.
Avoid the five poor listening styles:
• Spacing out
• Reminder – Parkview Winter Festival is Friday
February 7 for those of you who volunteered.
Check in with Mrs. Rotert when you get to
• March 3, we will read to the elementary
schools to celebrate Read Across America.
Sign up with Mr. Mullens. There is only room
6. MULTICULTURAL CLUB
FEBRUARY IS DICOVERING
7. Celebs know their languages:
• David Beckham speak Spanish.
Our “Fast and Furious” friends do too!
9. Multilingual Celebs
Bradley Cooper and Dr. House speak French.
10. And some more…
• Sandra Bullock
11. Movies at the High School
The Van Buren High School World Languages
Department is offering foreign language movies!
Come enjoy the movies and have fun!
Permission slips will be required.
See Ms. Caballero.
12. Movies at the HS
• Monday, February 3, 5:00 in T3: El labyrinto
del fauno (Spanish)
• Monday, Feb 10, 5:00 in T4: Sophie Scholl
• Monday Feb 17, 5:00 in T4: Mansieur Lanzhar
• Monday Feb24, 5:00 in T3: La Vie e Belle
13. Movies at the Academy
• Come watch movies in other languages at the
– Brother Bear in Spanish
– The Time Traveller in Chinese
– Kahaani in Hindi
– Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs in French
14. BROTHER BEAR
In Spanish with English subtitles.
from 3:15 to 4:50
Ms. Caballero’s room (317)
Must have a ride to pick you up at 5.