2. IN A SERIES Commas should be used in a series, which means that youuse a comma when you list more than two things. EX. My favorite foods are pasta, garlic bread, cheese sticks, andpizza. EX. I am thankful for my family, my life, my friends, and my pets. EX. I want to travel to New York, Spain, and California. Where were the commas used?
3. IN A SERIES Correct these sentences. I met the President the Vice President and the President’s wifewhen I traveled to D.C. I dreamt about flying frogs talking monkeys and vibrant birds lastnight.
4. DATES Put a comma after the day and before the year. EX. July 4, 1992 EX. March 30, 2010 Ex. January 1, 2014 Where are the commas used?
5. DATES Correct these dates. February 6 1986 May 1 1956 May 22 2002
6. ADDRESSES Use a comma to separate each part of an address that hastwo or more parts. EX. 1115 Williamson County Line Road, Fairview, TN 37062 EX. 2002 Whitland Avenue, Nashville, TN 37205 Where are the commas used?
7. ADDRESSES Correct these addresses. 5426 Elk Ridge Avenue Elk Ridge Maryland 54209 4024 Main Street Antioch Tennessee 37405 9024 Belmont Boulevard Nashville TN 37207
8. NOW YOUR TURN! Label a blank sheet of paper Comma Usage #1 and #2: Write correct examples of comma usage in a listof things (a series). #3 and #4: Write correct examples of comma usage in dates. #5 and #6: Write correct examples of comma usage inaddresses. You can make the addresses up.