• Understand the basic arguments of the Federalists and Antifederalists.
• For and Against the ratiﬁcation
• Ratiﬁcation- Noun
• To Ratify- to sign in agreement.
The Debate Goes Public
• After the Federal Convention released...
• Each state received a copy of the Constitution to approve.
• George Washington approved it.
• But, this was not enough to persuade people in each state.
• A system of government in which the central government shares authority
with the states.
• Central government
• People who supported the constitution were called Federalists.