A Presentation on Pantaloons Retail India Limited<br />By:-  GROUP NO.:- 10<br />         SEN HALL<br />                  ...
AGENDA<br />Introduction<br />Indian Retail Sector<br />Pantaloons  Retail India Limited<br />Company Mission & Objectives...
INTRODUCTION<br />Marketing intermediaries whose job is to help move goods from the raw-material state to producers and th...
INDIAN RETAIL SECTOR<br />Fifth largest globally<br />India is positioned as the leading destination for retail investment...
PANTALOONS RETAIL <br />India’s leading retail groups, operating multiple retail formats across the market, part of Future...
MISSION & OBJECTIVES<br />Our customers and stakeholders shall be served only by creating and executing future scenarios i...
SEGMENT BRANDS<br />
MARKETING CHANNELS<br />The material distribution structure that moves a product from the manufacturer to the consumer or ...
TYPES OF MARKETING CHANNELS<br />Direct Channel<br />Indirect Channels<br />Manufacturer <br />Consumer<br />Manufacturer<...
In store Pantaloons keep 70% of products of their own brand. <br />Remaining 30% include complete inventories of non- appa...
DISTRIBUTION & LOGISTICS<br />Decision to stop the supply of its ready-made garments to other outlets<br />Pantaloon has d...
5 P’s OF PANTALOONS<br />Product<br />Price<br />Promotion<br />Positioning<br />People<br />
CONCLUSION<br />   it was a great experience to explore the retail sector of Pantaloons .Shopping in India has witnessed a...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Indian Retail Sector and Pantaloons India Pvt. Ltd.mat

10,884 views

Published on

Overview of retail sector in India

0 Comments
8 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
10,884
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
14
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
801
Comments
0
Likes
8
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Indian Retail Sector and Pantaloons India Pvt. Ltd.mat

  1. 1. A Presentation on Pantaloons Retail India Limited<br />By:- GROUP NO.:- 10<br /> SEN HALL<br /> By:- Group No. 10<br /> SEN HALL<br />
  2. 2. AGENDA<br />Introduction<br />Indian Retail Sector<br />Pantaloons Retail India Limited<br />Company Mission & Objectives<br />Segment Brands<br />Distribution Channels<br />Distribution & Logistics<br />5 P’s of Pantaloons<br />Conclusion<br />
  3. 3. INTRODUCTION<br />Marketing intermediaries whose job is to help move goods from the raw-material state to producers and then on to consumers create utility<br />Utility is an economic term for the value, or want-satisfying ability<br />The success of a firm often depends on its ability to take orders, process them, and get the goods to customers / Distribution Channels<br />
  4. 4. INDIAN RETAIL SECTOR<br />Fifth largest globally<br />India is positioned as the leading destination for retail investment<br />India’s retail industry accounts for 10 percent of its GDP and 8 percent of the employment to reach $17 billion by 2010<br />Retail sector is expected to contribute to 22 per cent of India's GDP by 2010. <br />
  5. 5. PANTALOONS RETAIL <br />India’s leading retail groups, operating multiple retail formats across the market, part of Future Group<br />The company’s leading formats include Pantaloons, a chain of fashion outlets, Big Bazaar, an Indian hypermarket chain, Food Bazaar, a supermarket chain, and Central, a chain of destination malls<br />Collaborated with India’s leading boutique film company Vinod Chopra Films<br />
  6. 6. MISSION & OBJECTIVES<br />Our customers and stakeholders shall be served only by creating and executing future scenarios in the consumption space leading to economic development.<br />We will be the trendsetters in evolving delivery formats<br />We shall infuse Indian brands with confidence and renewed ambition.<br />We shall be efficient, cost- conscious and committed to quality in whatever we do.<br />
  7. 7. SEGMENT BRANDS<br />
  8. 8. MARKETING CHANNELS<br />The material distribution structure that moves a product from the manufacturer to the consumer or user.<br />The marketing structure that, as a part of the distribution channel, ensures the achievement of marketing objectives<br />70% of their business is done by selling their own products<br />
  9. 9. TYPES OF MARKETING CHANNELS<br />Direct Channel<br />Indirect Channels<br />Manufacturer <br />Consumer<br />Manufacturer<br />Retailer<br />Consumer<br />Wholesaler <br />Manufacturer <br />Retailer<br />Consumer<br />Manufacturer <br />Wholesaler <br />Retailer<br />Consumer<br />Agent<br />
  10. 10. In store Pantaloons keep 70% of products of their own brand. <br />Remaining 30% include complete inventories of non- apparels & and some apparels brands like UMM, Rang Munch, Bare Denim, leisure Denim & Rig etc<br />Retailer<br />Consumer<br />Manufacturer (own)<br />() <br />FKS (Pantaloon)s)<br />Manufacturer (other) <br />Retailer<br />Consumer<br />
  11. 11. DISTRIBUTION & LOGISTICS<br />Decision to stop the supply of its ready-made garments to other outlets<br />Pantaloon has decided to open up Distribution Collection Center (DCC) in the four major metro cities of the country<br />They are among the very few retailers who make serious and optimum use of barcodes and ERPs<br />
  12. 12. 5 P’s OF PANTALOONS<br />Product<br />Price<br />Promotion<br />Positioning<br />People<br />
  13. 13. CONCLUSION<br /> it was a great experience to explore the retail sector of Pantaloons .Shopping in India has witnessed a revolution with the changes in the consumer buying behavior and the whole format of shopping altered. It is expected that by 2010, India may have 600 new shopping centers<br /> Pantaloons ranks in the pyramid of Indian Retail with its brilliant consumer centered approach and marketing<br /> To compete in this sector one needs to have up-to-date market information for planning and decision-making. The second most important requirement is to manage costs widely in order to earn at least normal profits in face of stiff competition<br />

×