Buying the Proper Lift Chair: 5Tips from a Physical Therapist Jeff Roth, MPT Physical Therapist & Home Health Specialist WalkersandWheelchairs.com www.walkersandwheelchairs.com
1) Chair Type/# of Positions Infinite: Allows Full Recline & Independent Footrest Movement 3 Position: Allows Full Recline WITHOUT Independent Footrest Movement 2 Position: Does NOT allow full recline & NO Independent Footrest movementwww.walkersandwheelchairs.com
Infinite Position Lift Chairs Can Sleep Comfortably On It More Body Position Options Costs More Golden MaxiComfort PR505S (~$1000)www.walkersandwheelchairs.com
3 Position Lift Chairs Can Sleep Comfortably On It Less Body Position Options Moderate Price Range Pride GL-358L Heritage (~$780)www.walkersandwheelchairs.com
2 Position Lift Chairs Cannot Sleep/Fully Recline On It Less Body Position Options Lower Price Range Pride Heritage GL 58 (~$640)www.walkersandwheelchairs.com
2) Size/Fit Make sure seat depth is appropriate Feet should be flat on floor Heavy Duty/Bariatric for those >300 lbswww.walkersandwheelchairs.com
3) Chair Cover Fabric Sweat a lot? Avoid Leather Incontinent? Vinyl/Leather Better Always Cold? Stick with Standard Polywww.walkersandwheelchairs.com
4) Home Setup Consider placement within room Against a wall? Certain models slide outward w/o damaging wall behind Measure Before Ordering!!www.walkersandwheelchairs.com
5) Bells and Whistles Bad back? Consider vibrating seat or heated lumbar area Need a cupholder or specialized remote control due to your disability? Standard lift speed too slow or fast? Variant speed models are availablewww.walkersandwheelchairs.com
@Visit usWalkersandWheelchairs.com Save 3% or more on any purchase via our Medical Supplies website affiliate Tell a friend about us More Free Physical Therapist advice on other equipment including stair lifts, scooters and wheelchairs.www.walkersandwheelchairs.com
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.