2. who am I?mobile+web developermobilexweb.com blog @ﬁrt
3. where?buenos aires ~ argentina patagonia football meat & wine tango
5. booksImage from my house
6. coming soon...also by @estellevw
8. why mobile?
9. mobile ‣ absolutely personal ‣ +5 billions ‣ make us focus ‣ read our context... ‣ ... always... ‣ ... and everywhere.
10. then... what is the problem?
11. mobile is amineﬁeld Photo by World of Good (Flickr) Malvinas / Falklands Islands
12. lots of questionsPhoto by wayneandwax (Flickr)
13. we need to learnlots of questions
14. lots of platforms
15. mobile web appears
16. native vs web
18. Are you sure?
20. browser vsinstalled apps & stores
21. lack of deﬁnitions
25. Features§ Open Source§ Multi-platform§ Latests -even future- standards§ First class apps
27. Warning!§ PhoneGap is not a UI framework§ PhoneGap doesn t include a browser and or a rendering engine§ PhoneGap doesn t compile§ Every platform need its own compilation§ HTML5/CSS3 compatibility varies - www.mobilehtml5.org
29. Compatibility (oﬃcial 1.2)§ iOS (iPhone y iPad)§ Android§ BlackBerry 4.x, - 7§ webOS§ Symbian§ Samsung Bada§ Windows Phone 7.5
37. To develop§ Download PhoneGap www.phonegap.com§ Use your HTML5 IDE
38. To compile§ Install SDKs§ Dreamweaver CS5.5 or IDEs§ Or you can use PhoneGap Build
39. Compile ourselves§ Xcode for iOS - available in Mac App Store§ Android SDK - developer.android.com§ BlackBerry WebWorks - blackberry.com/developers/browserdev/ widgetsdk.jsp§ Nokia Web Tools for Symbian - developer.nokia.com§ Windows Phone SDK - microsoft.com/ download
40. To compile on the cloudGet an account at build.phonegap.com
41. To test§ Simulatos and Emulators (www.mobilexweb.com/emulators)§ Real devices§ Ripple Simulator§ Can we use a desktop browser?
42. Challenges & questions
43. we are using thebrowser engine... so why package it?