1. Today is July 27th 2011, marking that we are one year out from the kick off of the London 2012 Olympic Games. On this day next year the official Opening Ceremony of the 30th Olympic Games will take place In fact it is 366 days to as 2012 is a leap year A few events are taking place today to mark the occasion, the media have been invited to see some of the venues, the medal designs are due to be revealed and Britain’s Tom Daley will make the first dive into the swimming pool at the Aquatics Centre when it is officially opened today. The medal designs are due to be unveiled at 7.30pm tonight, you can tune into Sky News to see this live.
2. Olympic Stadium The London 2012 Olympic Stadium will be the focal point of the 2012 Olympic Games, which will be hosted by London, and is sure to grow into one of the most iconic London attractions. The Olympic Stadium will join the likes of Lord's, Wembley Stadium and Twickenham Stadium in underlining London's reputation as the world's greatest city for sporting stadia. The London Olympic Stadium will host the opening ceremony and closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games as well as the athletics events, which are always the highlights of the Summer Olympics. The stadium will also have the same roles during the 2012 Paralympics. The Olympic Stadium is in the East London district of Stratford and during the 2012 Summer Olympics will have a capacity of 80,000 people.
3. HeLLo! We are the London 2012 Mascots
4. Olympic sport information Sports taking place in the Olympic Park Sports taking place in London venues Athletics Basketball Cycling - BMX Cycling - Track Diving Handball Hockey Modern Pentathlon ) Swimming Synchronised Swimming Water Polo Archery Athletics Badminton Basketball Beach Volleyball Boxing Cycling - Road Cycling - Mountain Bike Equestrian Dressage Equestrian Eventing Equestrian Jumping Fencing Football Gymnastics - Artistic Gymnastics - Rhythmic Gymnastics - Trampoline Judo Marathon Swimming Triathlon Volleyball Weightlifting Modern Pentathlon Shooting Table Tennis Taekwondo Tennis Wrestling Sports taking place in out of London venues Canoe Slalom Canoe Sprint Cycling - Mountain Bike Football Rowing Sailing
5. Great Britain gets ready for 2012 Olympic Games. During a special ceremony held in London princess Ann for the first time revealed to the public the medal designs of the biggest-Games-to-be. They are the result of British designer David Watkins’ imagination. The medals will be produced in Great Britain’s Royal Mint with precious metals from mines in the USA and Mongolia that belong to the British Rio Tinto company. London 2012 Olympic Games logo will be imprinted on one side of gold, silver and bronze medals and the other sides will depict Greek Goddess of Victory Nice and the river Thames.
6. June 10, Armenian traditional competitions started in gymnastics at the Cup of the famous Soviet gymnast, three-time Olympic champion, winner of multiple World and European Championships Honored Master of Sports of the USSR Albert Azarian. Recall, he was the inventor of the exercises on the rings, which was called “ Azaryanovsky cross.” At the opening ceremony of the tournament scored a 14-year-old gymnast Hayk Petrosyan. He set a world record by making non-stop on the bar 386 turns. This achievement, as it became known, will be recorded in Guinness World Records. His record of the young athlete has dedicated the president of the National Olympic Committee of Armenia, the famous oligarch, MP Gagik Tsarukyan, who is also a former world champion in arm wrestling. The latter did not remain in debt and gave the boy a car. However, in view of the young age of Hayk Petrosyan does not have an opportunity to pass the exam to receive the rights. Our Young Gymnast