1. OLYMPIC GAMES There is no use wasting time on the fact that The Olympics are the biggest multi-sports event in the world. With a history of almost 114 years of organized celebration, Olympics carries a whole new definition of sports, integrity, nationality and brotherhood in every four year. The first registered games of Olympics were held in Athens of Greece in the year 1896. Since then the event grew in volume and magnanimity to attain a cult status by today's time. The official logo of the Olympics is a set of five rings attached to each other signifying the five continents of the world. The easily recognized logo of Olympics suggests the coming together of the countries in these continents.
2. <ul><li>In 2012, the Olympics comes to London that has earned the reputation of hosting the game for the third time after 1908 and 1948. The opening and closing ceremonies of the 2012 Olympics will witness the touch of mastery as renowned film makers like Danny Boyle and Stephen Daldry will be the brains behind. </li></ul>
4. <ul><li>On March 25 the British Embassy Yerevan joined forces with the Armenian National Olympic Committee to host a media event attended by 250 people, among them the President of the National Olympic Committee, the Minister for Culture and Sports, Olympic medal winners, and famous sportsmen of past and present. </li></ul><ul><li>“ London is really different. The Olympics in London is taking us back to tradition, but I see that it is also about innovation and inspiration”, said Secretary of the Armenian NOC Hrachya Rostomyan. </li></ul><ul><li>Ambassador Lonsdale also briefed about the visa arrangements for the members of the Olympic family: “Britain is tremendously excited about hosting the Games. We are looking forward to you being a part of it, both Olympic and Paralympic athletes, and the people of Armenia”. </li></ul>
5. <ul><li>The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) appointed Prestige Ticketing Limited to operate the London 2012 Prestige Ticketing programme.The Prestige Ticketing on-site hospitality packages includes top-category tickets, fine dining and entertainment. These hospitality tickets were on sale until 15 March 2012. </li></ul>
6. <ul><li>On 26 September 2008 the Olympic and Paralympic flags were raised outside City Hall formally mark London becoming host city for the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Beijing Gold medalist Christine Ohuruogu raised the Olympic flag, whilst Paralympic Champions, Helene Raynsford and Chri s Holmes raised the Paralympic flag . </li></ul>
7. <ul><li>I n December 2010, it was announced that the Royal Mint would produce the medals for the Olympic and Paralympic Games . The Royal Mint expected to produce around 4,700 medals for the games. The medals are 7mm thick and weigh between 375-400g. They are designed by David Watkins. Each medal will have the sport and the discipline engraved on the rim. Like the last few Olympic medal designs the front will once again hav e Greek goddess of victory, Nike, stepping from Parthenon. </li></ul>