4. T iming of review: the 3016 rule; memorization methods, tips, suggestions, and mnemonics
5. The importance of good and effective study m ethods
6. The importance of r epetition: read a good book at least three times
7. When should you start to do sample questions and mock e xams?
8. How much t ime do you need?
9. The importance of a r outine 10. The importance of short, frequent breaks and physical e xercise Mnemonics for memorizing these 10 key points: N ancy S mith S hows T om M ichaels a RE d TRE e (Note the underlined word in this sentence and the underlined words in the 10 key points above) ArchiteG.com
B. Overview 1. What is LEED? What is the difference between LEED, LEEP AP, LEED Green Associate, LEEP AP+ and LEED Fellow? 2. Why did the GBCI create the new three-tier LEED credential system? 3. Do I need to have LEED project experience to take the LEED exams? ArchiteG.com
4. How many questions do you need to answer correctly to pass the LEED exams? 5. What are the key areas that USGBC uses to measure the performance of a building’s sustainability? 6. How many LEED exams does USGBC have? ArchiteG.com
C. Introduction to the LEED Green Associate Exam
1. What is the scope of the LEED Green Associate Exam?
Understanding the fundamental credit intents, strategies, requirements, technologies, and submittals for the six major credit categories
3. How many different levels of building certification does USGBC have?
4. What is the process for LEED certification? What are the basic steps for LEED certification?
5. What is precertification? 6. What is a CIR? 7. When do you submit a CIR? 8. What are the steps for a CIR? 9. Will a CIR guarantee a credit? 10. What are the tasks handled by GBCI and what are the tasks handled by USGBC? 11. What are MPRs? ArchiteG.com
D. LEED Green Associate Exam Technical Review 1. What do green buildings address? 2. Key stake holders and an integrative approach 3. The mission of the USGBC 4. The structure of LEED Rating System ArchiteG.com