View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
My company IS on Social Media – now what?? Business Breakfast - Slough
Contents How did companies get on with Social Media in 2010? Getting the most out of “The Usual Suspects” How Social Media maximises the buying cycle What should companies be doing with Social Media? Case Study Freebies
What is really happening with Social Media in the UK? In the UK... 44% of UK internet users have their own Social Networking site Twitter is used by 83% of UK organisations involved in Social Media, Facebook 80%, YouTube 58% and LinkedIn 51%. 73% increased their spend in Social Media 40% have experimented with Social Media, 20% heavily involved However.... 7% 49% 47% measure Social Media impact & ROI Say “resource is a barrier to success” Say “the jury is still out”
Sound familiar? “We’ve got lots of company news we can tweet about!” “Why aren’t we on Facebook?!” “ No-one is visiting our blog!” “I’m on LinkedIn but I don’t reallyuse it.”
Getting the most out of “The Usual Suspects” REAL TIME:
Powerful customer insight and lead generation tool
How Social Media maximises the buying cycle Buying Cycle Social Media’s role Be present Be relevant Be proven Be helpful Be respected Be consistent
What should companies be doing with Social Media? Create your strategy first! Establish business goals Understand what Social Media can offer Define how Social Media can support these goals Align Social Media KPIs against these goals Once your strategy is defined then begin listening... Don’t focus on which tool to use when beginning... You.
1) Which Journey are your clients on “As a marketer I know this is important to my customers. Where is everyone?!” Social Media can... Break down conversations by priority Start Finish JOURNEY 1: Quicker Customer support “Where is someone who can help?!” Finish Start JOURNEY 2: Complex licensing costs
2) Where in the journey are your clients? Social Media can... Break down conversations by maturity “As a Marketer I think most of my clients are here in their journey at point 1” “I’m at point 5 now. I don’t want to know about point 1!” Start Finish
3) What language is being used by your clients Social Media can... Break down conversations by terminology “Here in the office we use this language all the time so our customers will definitely understand this: Blah blahblah” “Eh? I’ll go with someone who understands me better.” Start Finish
4) When are your clients active in the journey? Friday Mon Sat-Sun “Ok now that I’ve had my break I’m really interested in picking up where we left off!” “I’m interested to what you have to say right now...” “You can say all you want right now but I’m not listening so it won’t be of any use.” Finish Start Social Media can... Break down conversations by time (hours, days, weeks, months etc)
5) Who is influencing the journey? Social Media can... Break down conversations by the most influential “Whatever you do don’t forget about `ABC!!’” “If you’re looking for a good company you can’t go wrong with BRAND X!” “Great advice everyone, thanks!” Web PresencePersonal Blog http://www.chriswolf.com Company Blog http://blogs.gartner.com/chris-wolf/ Twitter @cswolf LinkedIn Chris Wolf Finish Start
Case Study: Social Media Launch for Accountancy Firm Scenario A top 20 accountancy firm in the UK wanted to use social media to: Increase their brand awareness Develop existing relationships Generate new leads Method
So remember... Define your social media strategy first! Listen and report on the conversations taking place Create your social media engagement plan Identify which stage of the buying cycle they are in Engage accordingly Measure your success (Simple).
Thank you. If you have any further questions please contact email@example.com or tweet us at @3seven9