Create a New Work Order Corrective Maintenance Created by: Tony Bertram-Maxadmin-CHS
From the Start Center, click on New WorkOrder icon in the Quick Insert application
The application open’s with a Work Order numberalready inserted into the box. Type in a shortdescription of the work to be performed
Click on the Long Description box to entera full text edit of the work to be performedor a full explanation of the work needed tobe done
1. Provide as 2. Enter only information that canmuch info as help the worker know what possiblepossible tools and materials he/she may need to carry to the work as an initial evaluation of what is to be done 3. Click OK when finished entering description
WAPPRClick on the detailed menuarrow by Location
On any detailed menu, select the optionthat you want to search by. Click on SelectValue
1. The Select Value boxopens and from here weeither use the browsenext/previous page arrows 2. Or type in a location and press enter on the keyboard
1. Select from the list orbrowse using next/previouspage2. Select TK-91
If the plan you want to use is here select it.If not, you can create a safety plan in thePlans Tab on the Work OrderOnce selected, the plan infowill show and select return withvalue to place the plan on thework order
Use selectSelect Priority code, valuePriority Justification andRisk Assessment
1. You may also want to use the Go To Tools option 2. The Tools record opens and from here select search and all records to see a list of available tools
1. In this training presentation there is only the one tool listed, inthe production environment there should be more 2. Click on the tool to open the tool description 3. Once you have verified that this is the correct tool needed for the work, click on return with value
1. Check the quantity and enter how many of this tool will be needed. Some require more than one of the same tool 3. If more tools2. For some tools you may needed to track are needed forthe hours that the tool is in use. This this task orwould be for tools requiring maintenance another task,on an hour meter and Maximo will track click on newthis items hours and keep the record up- row to searchto-date for the tools
2. Click on Actuals Tab1. Select any related work orders or tickets that areassociated with this work
3. Click on Safety Plan Tab1. The actuals tab is used for keeping track of theactual resources that were used for this work. Laborhours, Materials, Services (could have required anyoutside contractor that was not initially planned for)and Tools2. When completing the work order, be sure to fillin the information here so that Maximo can trackthe cost of this work
To add a hazardous material click on new row 2. Search for the type of hazard1. Use the select menus to add a hazardousmaterial to the work order and describe each.
Once all hazardous materials have been identified, click on the Lock Out/Tag Out TabLock Out and Tag Out of equipment is not just a requirement, it is the core value of anysafety program. Click on new row to add requirements for this work.
Here we list hazard that requires lock out or tag out and we use the select menu arrows toselect the hazards
1. You use the same method to select the values as before, do this for each hazard2. List the Tag Outs for the Hazard above, click new row
Just as before use the select value arrows to selectthe values for tagging out items
After selecting all Hazards, Tag Outs and Lock Outs, Click on the Log Tab
1. Here we list notes for the work thatis being done, notes maybe to notifyothers of some problem, a record thatneeds to be completed, a toolrequirement that may not be in thesystem or any other note that may beof interest to future work on thisequipment
2. Click Failure Reporting Tab1. You use the Create Communication action to send messages about arecord via e-mail. When you create a communication, you can use acommunication template created in the Communication Templatesapplication, or you can create a free-form communication.You can view any inbound or outbound communications associated witha record in the Communications Log on the Log tab.For more information about communication templates, refer to theCommunication Templates in help.
1. You use the Failure Reporting tab to record and view asset and location problems,causes, and remedies. This data enables you to identify trends and isolate probablecauses of breakdowns. You can enter remarks in the Remarks box that will aid in futureresolutions of problems associated with the root cause of this failure2. To change the failure code you must first delete the failure code from the work orderpage and then select a new code here.3. After going through each step in creating this work order and proving theinformation required for the system to track the progress, labor, materials and cost,clickk on the Save icon to save the work order.
The record has now been saved, if you have approval authority,approve the work
1. Click on the select arrow2. Click on Approved
Approving the work on any section of the work orderwill also approve the task created for the work
At any point in creating a work order and you get stuck on something, looking for1. All work info entered and approved.The work is now pending scheduling bythe work scheduler.