- 1,319 views
. Sailors have 6 opportunities every month to be reviewed if they are eligible to stay Navy or transition to the Reserve. ...
. Sailors have 6 opportunities every month to be reviewed if they are eligible to stay Navy or transition to the Reserve.
2. If Sailors opted not to convert - they have less chance of being selected if rating is overmanned.
3. Those that were "denied" will have another chance to apply now until end of the month - please conduct CDBs now especially if there are ANY changes on their application (i.e. member decided to convert or new FITREP, clearance, new NEC, etc) that may affect next month's screening.
4. Remember that the following algorithm priority affects the member's selection every month:
- Highest Pay Grade
- Selected-Not Yet Advanced - Frocked Sailors rank higher than those not yet picked for advancement.
- Average Ranking of Five Most Recent Evaluations
- Critical Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC)
- Fleet RIDE/Rank Score - Largely based on a Sailor's ASVAB score - provides an indicator of potential success in the rating requested. (Applies to a Conversion algorithm only.)
- Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA) Results
- Proximity to Soft End of Obligated Service (SEAOS).
5. If member is on "Denied" PTS status for the 3rd time (i.e. 9 months prior to EAOS- Sailors have 6 looks or Denial before being told to separate)
- They must attend the TAP-GPS to get them prepared for the worst.
- Another CDB to review further options (conversion, retaking an ASVAB test, reviewing PTS package)
- Apply for conversion option
6. If member is finally PTS approved:
- Submit a reenlistment request within 6 months (maximize to 6 years to cover next Zone if SRB is not affected)
- Contact detailer to negotiate for orders if on PRD window.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views