WORLD Art: Theater, Mask-
Photography and Printmaking
● Way of life in early tribal cultures
● Performed in community gatherings and
● Accompanied by tribal costumes and beating
of drums and other percussion instruments
● A form of COMMUNICATION IN WORLD
LATIN AMERICAN DANCE
● Originated from Cuban music
● Has distinctive rhythmical music
associated with Western Africa
● Latin-American music is now made up of
flamengco guitar, timbal, violin, cello, flute and
● National Dances:
● Form of dance which is also known as
● A story is told through dancing and
enhanced by scenic effects.
● The performance is accompanied by
orchestral music to emphasize the
● The spectators view the performances
from an elevated galleries
The art of staging a play or drama
● The building designed to hold plays or dramatic
● A Greek theater is called an AMPHITHEATER
● ORCHESTRA-the center of the amphitheater
made of round stones
Three famous greek dramatists
● TRAGEDY-a play with sad endings
● Sophocles and Euripides- wrote tragedies
● Aristophanes- wrote comedy to mock the
leaders during his time.
● WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE- the greatest
English writer and playwright of all time.
● Lea Salonga
● Robert Sena
● Monique Wilson
● They all performed in the world-renowned MS.
● A traditional art which can communicate
the culture of people.
● African believe that masks possess some
magical energy which could bring
immediate benefit to both the person
dancing with it and the spectator of the
● The masks represent the spirit of the
ancestors and the person wearing it
possesses the spirit.
● Had sacred power and they acquired it during the
first appearance in the traditional rituals.
● Colors used may symbolize DEATH, SPIRIT,
EVIL OR GOOD FORTUNE.
● A mask is worn with elaborate costumes.
● Animals are also used as symbols such as
antelope, buffalo, crocodile, elephant.
● Fish is a symbol of peace and fertility.
● Lizard is a symbol of alertness and protection
against evil spirits.
● Film is a documentation of life and
culture through motion pictures.
● Cinema is the term used worldwide for
● Has a strong western background
● Started from silent movies, Komedya and
western-influenced action movies.
● The early cinema is known colloquially
● FILMS are effective media which feature
documentary, animation, experimental
and other kinds.
● Photography is the method of making
● It is based on the principle of light,
optics and chemistry.
● Comes from the Greek words photos
means light and graphos which means
● Literally, photography means drawing
The Japanese developed woodblock prints
to illustrate books.
The process of Japanese woodblock
printing involves skill, endless care and
HANGA- is a picture made using
woodblocks. Hanga artists draw, carve,
choose the color and print their works.
Mary Antonette C. Magtanong
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.