2. INTRODUCTION Hollywood.com is the only pure-play entertainment website dedicated to fans of Movies, Television and Celebrities around the world. With over 5 million monthly visits*, Hollywood.com is the fan-friendly meeting ground that connects like-minded users through its hundreds of fan sites, timely news headlines, quirky top 10 lists, crazy photo galleries, countless star interviews, the latest movie clips and trailers plus much more. It also offer local movie show times, TV show schedules and every Movie and TV review under the sun . You love this stuff = we love this stuff. Hollywood.com hold a ton of pride in its fan sites, plus it offers a very fun and active forum for fans, dying to talk about all the things that they want to talk about.
3. ISSUES Jan 1 , 2008 1st Fold 2nd Fold • Content was not Focused. • Data look scattered. • Issues with Images – Lesser Images, small images, resized Images. • Too many Interaction. • Lack of Web 2.0 • Visual Appeal.
4. ISSUES • Data looks scattered • Identify the Users – Gender, Age, Profession. • Ask the Users – Surveys, Tracking User Behavior. • Analysis of Data and Categorizing it – Information Architecture, Wireframes, Prototypes, Walk-Through. • Visual Appeal – Look & Feel, Colors, Fonts, etc. – Provide easiest Interaction. – Help them complete their task. • Testing and Conclusions
5. IMPROVEMENTS • Data was Grouped and Categorized under appropriate sections. • Space Management. • Issues with Images – Relevant Images, 15 images size, Cropped Images. • More User Interaction – use of widgets, Third Party Integration. • Web 2.0 Implementation – Social Networking • Website Color, Font Size, Font Color – Rich User Experience • Funds - More Ad Space – Wallpaper Ad, Sliver Ad. • Smarter CMS
6. INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE OLD IA - Home page Presentation Focus – Celebrity and Movies Section HOME MOVIES TRAILERS TV DVD NEWS CELEBS FANSITES MY HOLLYWOOD Now Playing Upcoming Get DVD Events Photos Apply Sign In HOMEPAGE TV Listings Coming soon Latest Hollywood.com TV New This week Awards Events Directory Signup Trailers Archive Awards Support Forums Reviews Movie Calendar Movie of the Day Todays Spotlight Top Stories Featured Celebrity Movies opening this week Features Celeb News More on Celebs LANDING PAGES Box Office Primetime Movie News Experts Point of View Columns Nielsons top 10 TV News Featured Videos Movie Photo Galleries Poll A year ago.. Hot Celebs Poll
7. INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE NEW IA - Home page Presentation Focus – Celebrity and Movies Section HOME CELEBS MOVIES TRAILERS TV PHOTOS DVD FANS Featured Photo Gallery New Releases Video Featured Photo Gallery HOMEPAGE TV Spotlight Landing Page Latest Photo Gallery Trailers Nielsons Top Ten Latest Photo Gallery Celebrity Videos Movie Reviews Top 10 Celebrity Coming Soon Poll Box Office TOP 25 Celebrities TOP 25 Movies Popular Trailers TOP 25 TV Shows TOP 25 Photo Galleries TOP 25 DVDS Celebrities Updates Movies Updates Movie Clips TV Updates Celebrities Galleries DVD Updates LANDING PAGES Celebrity Videos New Releases TV Clips TV News Event Galleries New DVD Releases Celebrity Photos Coming Soon Interviews TV Stills Movie Stills Coming soon Celebrity News New Trailers Listings Poll Critics Pick Celebrity Fan Sites Movie Stills Poll Celebrity Birthday Movie Reviews Poll Movie News Top Movie Fan Sites Box Office Poll
8. WIREFRAME PAGE STRUCTURE - Home page Space Management AD space • Dividing the Content into Sections. Latest News • Identifying the correct Placements for these Sections as per their level of importance. • Placing the Content as per Hierarchy set. Promotions
9. DETAILED WIREFRAME PAGE DETAILING - Home page Data Grouping • Dividing the Content into Sections. • Identifying the correct Placements for these Sections as per their level of importance. • Placing the Content as per Hierarchy set.
10. TACKLING IMAGES CMS DRIVEN - Images Images • Different size of images for various content types.
11. IMPROVING INTERACTIONS MORE USER INTERACTIONS
12. WEB 2.0 SOCIALISING
13. VISUAL APPEAL May 29 , 2008 1st Fold 2nd Fold
14. MORE AD SPACE FULL PAGE AD
15. OTHER CHALLENGES
16. SEARCH PAGE BEFORE • Age old Method • User had to dig in the Search Results • Less options available for Navigation. • Less Information - # of results, search keyword • Lacked User Experience. • Alignment • Space Management • Consistency
17. SEARCH PAGE AFTER
18. CELEB DETAIL PAGE BEFORE • Space Management. • Data was grouped and placed as per the level of importance • Less Images used • Average User Experience
19. CELEB DETAIL PAGE AFTER
20. CREDITS PAGE BEFORE • Data Organization • User Interaction – Sorting options
21. CREDITS PAGE AFTER
22. ERROR PAGE BEFORE Error • Doesn’t include a brief message explaining the error. • The word "error" - can scare off visitors • No search box • No suggestions for alternate options.
23. ERROR PAGE AFTER
24. PHOTOGALLERY BEFORE • Less Interaction options for the users. • Links used instead of displaying thumbnails for Related galleries. • Fewer sections available for navigation. • Focus moves to Latest Photo Galleries as it animates. • Small size of poster images.