1. Powered by: How to post a Ci2zen Report This work is licensed under a Crea2ve Commons A?ribu2on-‐ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
2. Q: What is a Ci+zen Report? A: A Ci2zen Report is an image, a tweet, a video, or a sound clip that a ci2zen journalist (YOU!) has found from the social web (Twi?er, YouTube, Flickr, Facebook etc) and posted to the Al-‐Masry Al-‐Youm liveblog. Here you can see a Ci2zen Report that has been published by Al-‐Masry Al-‐Youm.
3. Q: Where did Al-‐Masry Al-‐Youm get that ci+zen report from? A: Journalists in the Al-‐Masry Al-‐Youm newsroom check the Ci2zen Reports page for the best, and most reliable Ci2zen Reports. On this page, you can see what other Ci2zen Journalists are pos2ng, and which reports have been published to the Al-‐Masry Al-‐Youm liveblog.
4. Q: How can I make a Ci+zen Report that will get published by Al-‐Masry Al-‐Youm? A: Pos2ng a Ci2zen Report to the Ci2zen Reports page is easy. The challenge is to ﬁnd interes2ng and reliable content that will catch the eye of the editors at Al-‐Masry Al-‐Youm. First, ﬁnd an interes2ng piece of media from a source you believe is reliable. This Tweet has a story that hasn’t a?racted much a?en2on, from a user with lots of followers, who posts frequently on Twi?er and who is followed by other people I trust and have met.
5. Q: Now I’ve found a piece of media, how do I post it to the plaIorm? A: First, go to the “Add a Ci2zen Report” page, found on the main toolbar. This takes you to the page where you can add the media URL, and add various bits of really important informa2on that will help get your report published.
6. Q: How can I make my post stand out? A: The more detail you can add to your report, about the source, the story, or the media itself, the more reliable your report will be. The “Create a Ci2zen Report” page gives you lots of opportuni2es to add important info. Step 1: Enter the media URL Step 2: Give some background info on the story
7. Step 3: Add informaAon about the source, and about the media. This is your chance to demonstrate how reliable your report is.
8. Once you have ﬁlled in all the ﬁelds, your report is ready to be submi?ed. Check the informa2on carefully, and make sure you’ve added as much detail as you can, for the best chance of geYng your report published by Al-‐Masry Al-‐Youm.
9. Now you can see your Ci2zen Report posted to the Ci2zen Reports page. Congratula2ons! If you click the symbols in the bo?om le[-‐hand corner of your report, you’ll see all the really valuable informa2on you’ve added about the media. A symbol is added for each piece of informa2on you’ve added. The more symbols there are, the be?er your report is.
10. Now your report has been posted, you can share your work on Twi?er or social networks using the “Share” bu?on From your proﬁle page you can see all the reports you’ve posted, and which ones have been published
11. And it’s that easy! For more support you can check out our instruc2onal videos: and for more informa2on about how to become a top Ci2zen Journalist, visit: www.arabci2zenmedia.org