10. Data Input 75% neurons dedicated to visual senseScienceneuroscience Data Processing 50% processing power dedicated to visual input* neurons - an electrically excitable cell that processes and transmits information
11. Picture Superiority Effect a
14. Oral worth
16. 10% accuracy thousand
17. Oral + Picture words 65% accuracy (72hrs)Scienceretention and recall Doodle Power 29% increase in recollection Source: Brain Rules by John Medina
18. Skillshave I got what it takes?
19. Tools eyes mind’s eye hand+eye
20. paper pencil or penAccessories or whiteboard markers
21. I can’t draw
22. Visual AlphabetCan you draw these? #botnapkin
23. I can draw Solving problemswith pictureshas nothing to do with artistic talent.
24. Understand the essenceEnhance dialogueExplore ideasImprove communication
25. Recordingwhat’s it all about then?
26. Visual Recording bla bla wolf bla bla bla 1 sketchnotes 2 graphic recording aka. scribing, graphic note taking
27. Sketchnotesthe art of thinking/listening in pictures and words
28. Samplesketchnotes Lettering Frames Bullets Connectors Pop People Emotions Icons
29. Lettering Frames Bullets ConnectorsFundamentals Pop Peoplesketchnotes Lettering Frames Bullets Emotions Icons Connectors Pop People Emotions Icons
30. Who? What? - things, people and roles - portraits, objects How much? - measuring and counting - charts When? - scheduling and timing - timelinesQuick Referencesix ways we see and show Where? - directions + how things ﬁt together - maps How? - how things inﬂuence each other - ﬂowcharts Why? - seeing the big picture - plots #botnapkin
37. Visual Recording- collect the viewpoints- see what you and others mean- capture your wisdom- increase ROI on speakers and gatherings- custom takeaways and meeting memories
38. Tips and Advicehow do I get started?how do I improve?
40. book Ed Emberley make a world my
42. Look Out/In Up/Down - open your eyes - it’s all around you - signs (esp. if crowds or speed involved) Copy - steal like an artist - discover what works for you Practice - develop active listening/seeing skillsStarting Outstay curious + + + + + Make your mark - don’t be intimidated - stop apologising
43. books solving problems with pictures brain twitter dan_roam sunnibrown naceyduarteReferencesbooks, tweeps and video rohdesign craightonbarman loosetooth evalottchen davegray austinkeon online sunnibrown evalottchen imagethink
44. Feedback make it easier, even compelling,checking expectations to pick up a pen/marker and engage in powerful conversations
45. Go Doodle
46. Draw Out 1 grab 2 draw 3 post upleave your mark anything