Technical capabilities of Espeo Software
(Espeo Outsourcing division)
What we use:
• Other technologies
Java is a main programming language used in Espeo Outsourcing.
We can offer knowledge of following solutions:
• Web technologies
– Java EE - EJB, Servlets, JSP, JSF
– Spring - IoC Container, Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, Spring AOP,
Spring Security (Acegi), JDBC Template, Spring BlazeDS Integration,
– Struts, GWT (SmartGWT, Vaadin), Grails
• Desktop technologies – Swing, SWT, Eclipse RCP, Griffon
• Portals based on JSR 168/268 - Liferay Portal
• Mobile technologies – Java ME, Android
• SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) - WebServices, Apache Axis, ESB,
• ORM (Object Relational Mapping) – Hibernate, JPA
• Application Servers – Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, GlassFish,
• Database Systems - Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Apache Derby (Java DB)
• Reporting – JasperReports
• Testing - Unit tests (JUnit, EasyMock, Mockito), Integration tests (FIT),
Acceptance tests (Selenium, FEST)
• Build process management – Ant, Maven 2
• IDE (Integrated Development Environments) - Eclipse, SpringSource Tool
Suite, NetBeans, Intellij IDEA
• CI (Continuous Integration) – CruiseControl, Hudson, Bamboo
• Other tools - log4j, Quartz, Apache Commons
Grails framework carried in a breath of fresh air and new quality to
systems designed in Java.
Using mechanisms based on Ruby on Rails supported by Groovy
language and mature frameworks from the world of Java, among
others Spring Framework and Hibernate, the solution, allowing to
accelerate the process of web applications development, was created.
Espeo Outsourcing, as one of the first Polish companies decided to
apply Grails intensively in commercial projects. Thanks to this we
gained dominance over competitors and right now we can offer
programmers and teams that are experienced in creating systems
based on Grails.
In our work we use, besides Java:
and Yahoo UI.
• C#, .NET Platform and Visual Studio IDE created by Microsoft.
• Groovy - object-oriented scripting language, based on Java syntax, enriched
with solutions allowing programmers to make some data operations faster
and being a key part of Grails framework.
• Scala - a language integrating features of object-oriented programming and
functional programming, running on Java Virtual Machine (JVM). Scala is
used to create highly scalable and efficient applications.
• Flex - SDK used for creating Rich Internet Aplications (RIA), based on
Adobe Flash. Flex allows creating applications working in a browser,
desktop (Air) and mobile in the future (Slider).
In our daily work we use following tools:
• Operating Systems - Windows as a default platform for software
development, Linux and Unix as servers for our applications.
• Wiki - used as an internal company knowledge base and for particular
projects. This way experience that we are gaining in new technologies is
naturally propagated among all developers.
• Issue tracking systems – Jira, Redmine. Used in daily project work, allowing
to organize tasks and constantly track project's progress.
• Source code repositories - CVS, SVN, Git.
• UML - using Enterpise Architect. UML language is used to visualize
technical and business concepts with diagrams and drawings.
• Code review tools – Review Board. Code reviews are an important element
of every project, allowing quickly find and solve problems.
Espeo Software Sp. z o.o. ; Poznan ul. Koscielna 18/3
www.espeo.eu ; email@example.com ; +48 61 848 00 65