ANSWERS - ROUND 5 END OF DAZE 2010
Oru Cheriya Theme -2
Theme Round 6 questions , 1 theme 10 points in total
1. A parental relationship is implied. Who’s missing? (1)
The Holy Spirit is missing. We have the father (WG Grace, famously shown as the face of God in Monty Python & The Holy Grail) and the Son: Jim Caviezel, portraying Christ.
2. The reel life pair, please. (1)
Yul Brynner as Solomon and Gina Lollobrigida as Queen of Sheba
3. Two are missing. Name the second. (1)
Muammar Gadaffi Locations of the first 5 world cup Finals: Lord’s (named after Thomas Lord) Eden Gardens MCG (Lord Melbourne) Gadaffi Stadium, Lahore.
4. What’s happening? Painter? (2)
Jacob's Ladder by William Blake.
5. X’s final rhapsody, according to Y. (2)
The journey taken by Simon Bolivar as described by Gabriel Garcia Marquez , starting at Santa Fe de Bogotá and ending with his death just outside Santa Marta.
6. Name his parents. Naming painter will earn you neither a brownie nor any points. (1)
This is Bharata . Ergo, his parents are Shakuntala and Dushyantan
7. Theme? (3)
Countries Named After People 1. Trinidad and Tobago was named after The Trinity (yeah, yeah. Complain) 2. Solomon Islands after you-know-who 3. Lahore was named after Luv, who also gave his name to Laos 4. Jacob’s other name was Israel 5. Bolivia after Bolivar 6. India is officially Bharat Ganarajya (Republic of India) after Bharat