○ Useful for Audio / MIDI / Images .... !!
× Hard to manage big data set.
• Cocoa - Native OS X Environment
○ Lots of useful frameworks and easy-to-use
tools for them.
• Frameworks - CoreData, Bonjour, QuartzComposer...
• Tool - Xcode, InterfaceBuilder...
× Audio / MIDI API is very very complicated.
• Core Audio / Core MIDI / Quick Time
○ Simple to implement and Just works!
○ No need to “connect” explicitly (Always
× Limited to local use
• cocoa_send/receive use OS X’s Inter-
Application Communication called
• eg.) Preference Pane
How to Use #1
1. Download cocoa_send/receive objects and
sample application from www.naotokui.com
2. Set “Channel Names”
• These names will be used to identify
communication channels. They must be shared
between Max objects and Cocoa project.
Max ← Cocoa
Max → Cocoa
How to Use #2
3. Open Cocoa_SR_Test folder
and include Cocoa_SR_Test.h/
m in your own Cocoa Project.
4. Set the same Channel Names
5. Use -sendString: -sendFloat:/-
sendInteger methods to send.