My PYPGutz Project Handout
The Digestive System:
● The digestive system is how food goes through your body.
● My group and I made a poster ( named Bob ) of the digestive
● The pancreas helps the liver by producing bile to get
rid of unneeded fat.
● Its bile breaks down the food even more so that the small
intestine can absorb the vitamins.
● If people eat lots fatty foods it makes it harder for the
pancreas to work.
● The gallbladder is the size of a balloon full of air
before a meal and after a meal it is flat like a flat
● The gallbladder only squeezes a little bit of bile into
the small intestine.
● It is a little pouch that holds extra bile for the
pancreas and the liver.
● The symptoms of pancreatic cancer are having the whites
of your eyes and your skin turning a yellowish color.
● Things that might cause pancreatic cancer are smoking
and long term diabetes.
● Pancreatic diets have to have an equal amount of
everything including calories, proteins, and vitamins.
The diets help people gain back the weight that they