CIO, CTO and CSO
Responsible for alignment of technical and business process.
The CTO role is: it either assesses the use of an existing
technology or develops a new platform, which impacts an
organization in improving its competitive performance within a
The CISO directs staff in identifying, developing,
implementing and maintaining processes across the
organization to reduce information and information technology
(IT) risks, respond to incidents, establish appropriate
standards and controls, and direct the establishment and
implementation of policies and procedures.
• CIO's role is growing fast in both numbers and importance, and it is evolving as it
• CIO's role is shifting from the technical business to 'knowledge management.'
• The role of the CIO is moving from technical planning and implementation to strategic
• The CIO will increasingly become an important voice in strategic planning.
• Leading the transformation of the CIO role is an important human resource challenge
• The ideal resume of the CIO will come to include both technical/engineering
qualifications, plus a background in finance, marketing and strategic planning.
• The CIO will become increasingly involved with external as well as internal customer