Presented by Mitch Stephens, Bill Rost HRTMS, Inc
• Part 1: Company and Products Overview• Part 2: Excel Architecture in TMS Compensation• Part 3: Direct Manager Perspective – Salary Planning• Part 4: Indirect Manager Perspective – Multiple Groups• Part 5: Long Term Incentives (LTI)• Part 6: Total Rewards Portal• Questions and Wrap up
Based in North Carolina with offices in New JerseyWe offer an integrated, cost effective Talent Management suite: • TMS Performance - Performance management • TMS Compensation – Compensation ManagementWe offer the lowest TCO in the industryWe deliver solutions that meet 100% of your unique requirements
• Web-based Performance Management system • Outlook look-and-feel • Paperless reviews are routed and signed electronically • Support goal management • Competencies by position • Career development and planning• Job Description Management• 360/multi-rater Module• Even succession planning and learning management
• It is a web-based Compensation Planning application that: • Extends your Excel comp workbooks • Is tightly integrated with TMS Performance • Can be integrated with external Performance Systems, like Success Factors• Employees are assigned to Compensation groups • A compensation group allows you to manage departmental budgets • e.g., Corporate, Hourly, etc • Groups are shown in the main Tree • You can view a single group or multiple groups blended together • Approval process • Managers enter recommendations for compensation and then submit their groups for approval by higher level managers. • Approval path is based on the reporting structure
Long Term Incentive Support • Parallel process for LTI • Create separate groups and approvers for LTITotal Rewards Repository • Gives employees and senior management a secure portal for all comp-related information • Integration to external feeds such as brokerage accounts and the finance group
One-click view of thePerformance Review from Compensation!
• TMS Comp is driven by YOUR Excel workbooks • Formulas, validations, conditional formatting, business rules are all preserved • Our unique web interface lets you work online without having to download the workbook • Note that download is still available • We harness the power of Excel and eliminate the effort of managing documents • Automated, secure, web-enabled; yet familiar.
Define compensation groups, approval Start approval process – profiles, Business Managers begin to submit Review current rules and the tree compensationExcel workbooks structure recommendations Define the TMS Load Data, create compensation Excel Mapping groups
We then complete the Excel Mapping ProcessWe start with your Excel workbookAlmost any Excel workbook can be used as the template, including Excel 2007.
An Excel Workbook is generated using the XL Mapping, XLS Template and Employee Data Directly edit Compensation data using our intuitive web interface
Excel workbooks can be downloaded to the desktop Workbook is edited on the desktop and uploaded back to the system to apply updates
This workbook has three main budgets:Merit, Equity and Bonus.
This workbook incorporatesMerit, MICP and LTIP
Management Incentive Compensation Plan Section
% Responses spreadsheets, email, and a lot of time paper forms Most companies are using Excel in some capacity today. an on-line tool that we are very happy with. % Responsesa tool that forces us to do some of the work by hand a dart board 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60%
TMS Compensation Leverages Excel formulas and familiarityWe provide a unique Web-based user interfaceAlso support off-line modeWe use Excel as the configuration and business rulesQuestions?
•Showsthe perspective of a direct managerwho has to complete the compensation for their direct reports
The home page shows the groups that need to be completed.Double click to show the group.
Easily determine whichmanager is giving the largest increase. View this in Single Column View mode
View the groups on the right side of the screen.. Click „Right Side‟ button.
This view may be easier toview a long list of values. Now view as a popup.. (Click Popup Button)
This view will show themaximum amount of data.Now let‟s view all employeedata (toggle employees on)
You can view the actual This tab Excel Workbook by shows theheader ranges from this button. clicking on theunderlying spreadsheet. As you update values inNormally your remaining the Edit pane, the budgets are shown. summary totals will be updated.
This range is actually displayed in theWorksheet summary tab
This table is also displayed. Note: Any number ofranges can be displayed as well as graphs.
Now we will review the Group List Details tab.This tab shows all of the selected groups in the current workbook.
This list shows all of the selected groups, anddetails about each group such as the approval status.
Links will be enabled based on the groups selected. Changes are saved and now we will approve the selected groups.
The selected groups are shown in the email message. You can also attach aworkbook as shown earlier.
The columns in this list are configured by theadministrator, and can include any group data elements.You can also filter and search this list using the „Filter‟ tab.
Single and Multiple Group PerspectivePowerful User interface that goes beyond Excel
• We recognize that LTI presents unique challenges: • Approval process and approvers may be different • The data captured is different to Merit • Usually a subset of employees are eligible for LTI • Wide spectrum of business rules needs to be supported• However: • The underlying process mirrors the merit process that we saw earlier.• TMS Comp lets you handle LTI separately to the merit process with the same simple tools.
You have several choices with LTI: 1. Create different LTI groups and manage them with a separate workflow 2. Do Merit, STI and LTI together using a single group/workbook 3. Use a different review cycle The choice depends on your implementation requirements
The home page shows LTI groups separate to Merit Groups.View one LTI group from the tree
These groups use an LTI workbook. The manager will enter LTIrecommendations, and then select the award type.
Employee details are hidden, only totals shown.
• LTI groups are submitted for approval in the same way as Merit/STI groups• Group membership may be different to Merit groups • Only LTI_Eligible employees are included• LTI Approvals are usually done by senior level managers • Direct and Mid-level managers may be skipped in the approval process• Custom forms may be used to capture LTI data • This lets you implement your business rules
What is the Total Rewards Portal? • A secure web-based repository with comp data for every employee • Allows managers to view all data for their employees • Employees can see their Total Rewards statementsHow does it work? • Multiple sources of data are aggregated • Brokerage PDF files are split by employee • Batch process builds the Total Rewards statement for each employeeBenefits • Secure access to Comp statements • Print-friendly and web-friendly formats are available • Provides year-over-year comparisons
There may be a variable number of sections for eachemployee depending on their comp plan.
This page shows total comp forthe current year – Short Term and Long TermThe layout of the Total Rewards statement is user-definable.
This example shows the Compensation for the previous year.
This shows the currentyear stock awards to this employee.
This page is from a master PDF file sent from the Brokerage (e.g., Merrill Lynch).The PDF is split by employee and published into TMS.
Allows you to aggregate data from multiple sourcesSecure access by managers and employeesPrint and Web friendly formats
TMS Compensation offers broad support for short and long termcompensation planningEasy to use and administerWorks in conjunction with TMS PerformanceCan be integrated with other Performance Systems, such as Success FactorsLong Term Incentives can be treated separatelyTotal Rewards portal brings it all together
Thank YouTo Contact HR TMS or either of today’s presenters, please use:Mitch Stephens: HRTMS Founder and President firstname.lastname@example.orgJim Haviland: Marketing Director email@example.com