1. Chris Brown- Artist Research<br />Sourced: Wikipedia<br />
2. General Info:<br />Birth Name: Christopher Maurice Brown<br />Birth Date: 5th May 1989<br />Birth Place: Virginia, United States<br />Occupation: Singer- songwriter, Dancer<br />Years Active: 2005- present<br />Labels: Jive, Zomba<br />
3. Browns first recording debut began in late 2005 with his self title album ‘Chris Brown’. He did this at the age of 16.<br />That first album featured the hit single named ‘Run It’. That single topped the Billboard Hot 100, making him the first male artist to have his debut single top the chart since Montell Jordan in 1995<br />Brown has had various other hit singles, and his dance routines and solo performances have been compared to the likes the late of Michael Jackson by critics.<br />His career was negatively affected in the case of felony assault of singer and then girlfriend Rihanna, and was sentenced to five years probation and 6 months community service.<br />Career Bio:<br />
4. <ul><li>Chris Browns music is mainstream, meaning it can appeal to the diverse demographic.
5. The main target audience is 16-24 year olds.
6. The older generation are still able to listen to his music</li></ul>Target Audience:<br />
7. Notable Achievements:<br />His self title first album ‘Chris Brown’ was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America(RIAA)<br />Brown’s second album ‘Exclusive: The Forever Edition’ spawned four singles that reached the Billboard Hot 100: "Wall to Wall", "Kiss Kiss", "With You" and "Take You Down“. The album was certified double Platinum by the RIAA.<br />In 2006, Brown received twenty-three nominations and won nine, including Viewer's Choice for "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" at the BET Awards Male Artist of the Year, New Artist of the Year and Artist of the Year at the Billboard Music Awards; Outstanding New Artist at the NAACP Image Awards Choice Breakout Male at the Teen Choice Awards; Best R&B/Soul New Artist at the Soul Train Music Awards; Fake ID Award at the TRL Awards Best R&B Video for "Run It!" at the MTV Australia Awards.<br />
8. In 2007, he received twelve nominations, but did not win any awards. In 2008, Brown has received forty-one nominations and won sixteen, including Favourite Male Pop/Rock Artist, Favourite Soul/R&B Male Artist and Artist of the Year at the American Music Awards; Best Male R&B Artist at the BET Awards; Best Heartbreak Video for "No Air" at the BET Pre-Awards; Best International Act and Best R&B/Soul at the MOBO Awards; Best Male Video for "With You" at the MTV Video Music Awards; Best Male Artist at the NAACP Image Awards; Favourite Male Singer at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Best R&B Artist at the Ozone Awards; Choice Music Hookup for "No Air", Choice Music: Male Artist, Choice Music: R&B Artist, Choice Music: R&B Track for "Forever" and Choice Music: Rap/Hip Hop Track for "Shawty Get Loose" at the Teen Choice Awards. In 2010, he won the AOL Fandemonium Award at the BET Awards. Overall, Brown has won 39 awards from 85 nominations.<br />
9. Brand Image:<br />Chris Browns brand image is very much about himself<br />Chris Brown brand image has been recovered through documentaries and new music videos showing a hysterical character<br />Chris Brown bases his image around Hip-Hop and Pop wearing trendy clothing, appealing to the younger generation.<br />