2007 05 Million Books ConclusionsPresentation Transcript
Million Books Workshop Day 3
Thomas M. Breuel
► 20 years down the road...
● storage, bandwidth will be orders of magnitude cheaper
● scholarly output similar to today
● written language data volume negligible vs video/3D
● everybody can archive/serve all written docs from home
► production costs...
● publishers contribute nothing other than PR/brand
● academic authorship/production already grant-paid
● attention economy will drive towards Arxiv, Citeseer