5. Hi hi, and thanks for coming. 1. Higgs Boson Announced
6. And thanks to Bally Town Hall for hosting this 1. Weyermann Introduces Heirloom Maltsconference, and to Weyermann for sponsor-ing the beer and pizza.
7. I’m, we’re, looking forward to meeting you all later. 1. AJAX Spinner GeneratorOK, I want to talk to you all about whisky. Doeseveryone here like whisky?
8. The quandries around the three-year minimum 1. How Whisky is Made 2. Scotch Whisky Regula-ageing in scotch whiskys marr innovation, tions 2009
9. and literally block newcomers in the market 1. Preemption of Scarce As- setsfrom establishing a ‘grain-hold.’
10. We don’t have the culture; 1. What it means to be Or- 1. Can Whisky Become ange a Trendy Drink for the Young? @ Brand Equity 2. Ray Oldenburg’s Third Space 2. World’s Largest Whisky Culture Embassy Opens in Beijing
11. nor the estate; 1. Diageo 2. Innovation @ Diageo 3. Breakdown of Distillery Ownership
12. nor the heirloom grasses. 1. Malters Bring Terroir to the Bottle 2. Weyermann Malts
13. We have the tenacity and flexibility of being new, 1. PIttyvaich 2. St Magdalenebut that won’t see us through three harvests. 3. 3 of 4 Startups Fail
14. Clayton Christensen wants us to succeed, 1. When Giants Failinnovate —
15. — and disrupt,
16. but that won’t see us through three harvests. 1. Predicting the Unpredict- able
17. Ardhasker Azeotrope are excited to 1. Distillation Principles 2. A Short History of the Artlaunch the Tri-Still Engine, of Distillation 3. The New Era of Work Launch
18. a machine that temporally accelerates 1. Home Aging Recipes 2. Does Longer Aging Im-the wood ageing process tenfold prove Whisky? 3. Terressentia 4. Backward Compatibility 5. Software Life Cycle
19. bringing a minimum-age drink to you in 1. TerrePURE 2. How to Create a Minimumthree months, Viable Product? 3. Reducing Congeners and Hangovers
20. not three years. 1. What are the dangers of drinking Isopropyl Alco- hol? 2. Fischer-Speier Esterfica- tion
21. meaning our customers enjoy a relaxing drink, 1. What is Supply Chain Management?
22. and we can analyse and exchange standardised 1. Smokiest Whisky? 2. Fuel Hedgingpot still phenolic quantities. 3. User Driven Discontent
23. 1. How do you get a hard copy of a stock certifi- cate?2. Pan Am Stock Certificate? Worth Anything?3. BF-A on Yahoo Finance
24. But the world is having trouble 1. Google Images Redesign Launch Eventwith the jumps we’re making. 2. Wrangling 3. Responsive Web Design
25. 1. Pot Stills2. Innovation @ Diageo3. Redundancies @ Diageo
26. Why? 1. USA Today 2. Wolff Olins 3. USA Today... Re-imagined
27. We think the Tri Still Engine disrupts homeostasis, 1. Homeostasis 2. Human Homeostasisbut isn’t against it. 3. Disrupting Class
28. Claude Bernard says, ‘the constancy of the internal envi- 1. Claude Bernard @ Ency- clopedia Britannicronment is the condition for a free and independent life’. 2. Experimental PhysiologyWe don’t disagree, although our detractors say our workperverts this condition.
29. But, when it’s switched on, the Tri Still engine is 1. Autoclaves & Sterilisers 2. Protective Tissues ina closed system and is internally stable, Plants & Animals 3. Working at Scale
30. regardless of any disparaties between the 1. IPO Basics 2. Thermos Technologiesinside and the out. It’s a bit like a thermos.
31. And, we sync the engine via open-source API 1. What is an API? 2. GNU Licensing 3. Who Invented Whisky? The Scots or the Irish? 4. AJAX 5. Creating a Knowledge Sharing Culture
32. to the clock of the Long Now, at 300% speed. 1. The Long Now Founda- tion 2. Seminars about Long- Term Thinking 3. List of Oldest Companies 4. Whisky Prices and Age 5. How to Set Business Goals
33. It’s a physical cross-rhythm. 1. Simplicity and Order for All 2. Jack Dorsey 3. AirBNB Social 4. Casa al Reves, AirBNB Founder’s favourite listing
34. The contents of the Engine fire into the future, 1. Ultrasonic Whisky Aging 2. TerrePure - A brief over-relative to its surroundings. view
35. 1. Nissan Leaf in Islay2. Drum Scotland, Cullen Bay
36. But they resolve inside and out 1. Djembe Fanga 2. Silicon Valley Mania inwith an underpinning akin to Africa 3. Ubuntusub-saharan traditional musics. 4. African Rhythm & African Sensibility
37. So Ardharsker Tri Still 3 Months is a 1. Jack Morton 2. Barra Airportdrink for a place that’s (something like) 3. Barra Airport (Wiki)in between the time just beyond now, 4. Is the Tipping Point Toast?and the past.
38. It’s for the wooden-floored bus with 1. Bus/Coach Mobile Wifi Hotspotthe mobile hotspot installed, or the 2. 032c Rem Koolhaas 3. Goodbye Starchitecture,farm that’s managed remotely using Welcome Countryside!harvest analytics.
39. With your help, we feel like that place 1. List of places with “Sili- con” Namescould be Ballysileachn. 2. 10,000 Likes or 10 Brand Evangelists?
40. 1. Centralia PA, site of the longest burning mine fire2. Boycott Absolut Vodka3. TBWA
41. 1. Pagoda Roofs in Scotch Distilleries2. Gravity Distillery
45. And all the specialised distillery workers in 1. Empowering Employees (on Google Books)Ballysileachn here today. 2. Talking to Coworkers Can Get you Fired 3. Workers Leaving the Googleplex
46. Our idea is simple:
47. we give you a miniature USB device 1. USB on Alibaba 2. Freelancer / Web Devel- opment
48. that transmits GeoTag, time and air quality 1. Wifi Alliance 2. Scotch Whisky Associa-information back to our AzeoAPI. tion
49. 1. Motion Blur on After Ef- fects2. Ken Burns Effect
50. 1. Network Diagrams2. The Internet is Rhizomatic3. About Advertising on Facebook
51. You go to work. 1. La Perruque 2. Bob Outsources Own Job and Whiles Away Shifts 3. The Quest of Michel De Certeau 4. How to Add a Fake Sky
52. When we spot that you’re in range of 1. Whisky Technology Pro- duction & Marketingan Uncollaborated Still, your device will 2. AirBnB Office Design 3. Garcia Tamjidibeep. 4. Office Snapshots
53. Press the top once. Your information will be 1. eLance 2. Amazon Mechanical Turkforwarded to an eLance farm — 3. Running Experiments on Mechanical Turk
54. 1. Experimental Psychology / Roar of the Crowd
55. — where contract workers will look through the 1. Falcon Cam 2. Falcon Watchingwindow of your distillery using one of the many 3. Remote Webcamsfalcon-watcher cams available online. If your bossis looking away, the device will beep twice.
56. If you hear two beeps, pour some of our 1. Whisky Tampering on TroveTri Still whisky into your still. 2. Adulteration of Canadian Whisky
57. Remember to carry this whiskey in our flask 1. Official site for Phiten Ti- tanium Braceletsreceptacle. We’ve ionised the aluminium ma- 2. Ionisation 3. Create your own Faketerial of the flask, in order to preserve the Store with Amazon aS- toresvapour pressure of the liquid within.
58. (We’ve seen trace markings that this works. 1. MHRA (Regulatory Agen- cy)You’re testing this at scale, though.) 2. How We Regulate Devices 3. Delaware Corporation
59. Pour the whiskey into your still, 1. Flavour Still 2. Rotary Vacuum Evaporator 3. Flavours from Distillation
60. and click the top of your device again. 1. Flavour Still 2. Rotary Vacuum Evaporator 3. Flavours from Distillation
61. This will send an email via Azeo 1. Onomastics 2. Database IconAPI to the eLance farm, where aworker will tag your still as a par-tially Collaborated Still.
62. Each flask of whiskey adds 6.12% to this value — 1. Health Statement for Chloroformone tenth the boiling point of chloroform.
63. 1. The Noun Project2. OFCOM Standards for Subtitle Display
64. An Azeotrope, our namesake, is a 1. Azeotropemixture of two liquids that are mixedto the point that they cannot be un-entangled by distillation.
65. If you try, it simply vaporises proportionately. 1. When a start-up fails...
66. By working together to add our Tri Still liquid 1. Managing a Remote Workforceto all batches of single-malt specialty whis- 2. The Future of Workky in Scotland, you are creating a totally newcollaboration
67. — the number goes on endlessly, 1. More Than A Map — The Google Maps APIas our favourite things do. 2. Good.Is/Everyone
68. And we think of this as an Azeotropic 1. Visual Complexity 2. del.icio.usrevolution: un-entanglable. 3. Scotland’s 10 Best Walks
69. 1. Bottle into World’s Deep- est Hole
70. If all whiskey is partly sped up, the rules on 1. wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumb_ lawsageing become ignorable. 2. Keith Rabois 3. Only Two Left in Stock
71. And we’ve always liked ignoring the rules. 1. Closing Statement from Future Cities Develop- ment 2. Another Blow 3. Clarion Capital Server Er- ror in ‘/’ Application
72. But we don’t want to run ragged over the 1. A Booze of One’s Own 2. Littlemore Distillery (de-existing infrastructure here in Ballysileachn. molished)
73. 1. Stanford Golf Cart Poli-We all know the history of this place. cies 2. Stanford Sandstone & Tile
74. In 1891 the Lathrop University began an aggressive 1. EaSTCHEM 2. Water for Whiskyprogram of innovation in the chemical sciences. 3. Detection of Counterfeit Scotch by Isotope Signa- ture
75. This program was overseen by Leland Terman, 1. Eric Schmidt 2. Larry Ellisona management psychologist and progenitor to 3. Rene Girardthe school of Rene Girard. 4. Steve Jobs 5. Clayton Christensen
76. Terman’s policies of mimetic isolation called 1. The Neuroscience of Mi- metic Desirefor Ballysileachn to be cut off from the world 2. Floating Desire?in order to prosper, guided by ecologicaland cultural precedents —
77. the beautiful, endemic species 1. Galapagos Conservancy 2. Invasive Speciesof the Galapagos
78. and the editorial perfection of stills in the re- 1. Historical Notesmote isles as examples.
79. Trade and trans-city routes 1. Contractors Board Up Wells Fargowere severed. 2. Railroad Sabotage in Montreal 3. List of Highway Revolts
80. 1. How to build a Dry Stone Wall2. Building a Dry Stone Wall
81. 1. 15 Google InterviewStudents and faculty were chosen Questionsfor their intellectual temerity and theirpropensity for solitariness.
82. 1. How Will You MeasureAll recreational and communal facilities Your Life?were design to orient interactions to- 2. Life at the Googleplexwards measurable goals.
83. 1. Offshore Artificial ReefA man-made reef, one fathom underwater, was User Guideerected within the water border of Ballysileachn 2. Artificial Reefs Around the World
84. 1. Ship-Scrapping Pricesin order to wreck incoming and Plungeoutgoing ships.
85. Terman wanted to create a fruitful nowhere; 1. Cloud Computing 2. DNS Root Servershe dreamed of an eventual landless, stateless,unharnessed zone of innovation.
86. And such states need a drink. 1. Laphroig Distillery fermen- tation dregs tank 2. List of National Liquors 3. Simulated Sky / Sun
87. — A social-recreational underpinning that defines 1. Eric Schmidt @ Burning Manthe inside from the out. 2. Eric Schmidt 2
88. A communal machine for building an internally 1. How the GooglePlex worksstable culture with, and for, 2. Last of Scotland’s Gannet Hunters 3. Sula Sgeir 4. Buildings of St Kilda, Scotland
89. people who like each other and share 1. Nissan Leaf provides the final link in self-sufficiency for Bruichladdichmeasurable and meaningful goals
90. that can be bet on and exchanged
91. and that make us happy.
92. Can’t Ardhasker Azeotrope Tri Still 3 Months be that drink?Please?