• Are you at peace regarding the eternal destiny of your
children, parents, brothers, sisters, grandfather,
grandmother, aunts, uncles,cousins, and friends?
• Are you experiencing abundant joy in your “personal”
salvation while unsure if some of your loved ones
might suffer throughout all eternity?
• How is that possible?
• Deep inside we know something is not right, but we
suppress our questions and doubts because we “think”
the Bible teaches it.
• What do we find in the bible about HELL.
♦ How can an all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving
God create billions of people knowing most will be
tormented in hell forever?
♦ Why must our free will to damn ourselves be
“absolute,” greater than God’s “free will” to save us—
♦ How can Adam’s power to condemn us be greater than
Christ’s power to save us?
• Jesus commands us to judge for ourselves what is
right (Lu 12:57).
• What is right about a punishment that never ends?
• How has this teaching affected the spread of the
“Good News”—the Gospel?
♦ Maligns God’s character before the world.
♦ Contradicts His unending and unfailing love for all people.
♦ Makes our worship stem from fear instead of true affection.
♦ Denies His unlimited power to accomplish His will.
♦ Makes man’s will greater than God’s will.
♦ Infinitely minimizes Christ’s triumph over Satan.
♦ Denies Christ fully accomplished His mission on earth.
♦ Violates the divine witness revealed in every conscience.
♦ Negates the most glorious promises in the Bible.
♦ Ignores the testimony of the early Church.
♦ Robs us of peace and joy.
♦ Affects what we become; like father—like son.
♦ Hinders world evangelism.
• “Test all things” (1Th. 5:21). Have you tested this
• Can you imagine the horror of suffering “forever?” What
is a billionyears?
• It is but a second in eternity. Who could possibly imagine
• What if you or one of your loved ones should go there?
• Does this thought affect how you feel about God?
“You invalidate the word of God
for the sake of your tradition.”
(Mt. 15:6 NAS; Mt. 15:3,9)
“These people draw near with their mouths and honor Me
with their lips,but have removed their hearts far from
Me, and their fear toward Me istaught by the
commandment of men.” (Is. 29:13)
“Why do you not judge for
yourselves what is right?” (Lu. 12:57)
• “Test all things; hold fast what is good” (Th. 5:21).
• “Why do you not judge for yourselves what is right”
• Christ strongly warns us about our traditions.
(Mt. 15:3, 6, 9).
♦ Pray for understanding.
♦ Trust Scripture to interpret Scripture rather than
♦ Remember that the ancient eastern custom was to use
language in the most vivid possible way.6 (Appendix
• “Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not
know the Scriptures nor the power of God” (Mk.
• “Examining the scriptures…to see if these things were
so. (Ac. 17:11 NAS)”