1. Group Discussion for the CFOs of the future12 August 12 IcaI bikaner Dr T.K Jain Jain.email@example.com 9414430763
2. What is GD ?• 10-12 Persons discussing a topic – which looks very simple – but often requires deep understanding of current situations and backgrounds – the topic is often debatable• The topic may have many perspectives• The topic judges your ability to reconcile diversity, argue reasonably, communicate openly and coordinate politely among peers• Your skills are judged : - team building, communication, motivation, leadership and conflict management
3. What is your objective ?• To speak - no• To dominate – no• To show off your knowledge – no• To debate – no• To prove that you are leader – no• To argue – no• Then what ???
4. How to have impact making presentations?• BE LOUD – be audible to all• BE AGGRESSIVE - no - Speak with conviction• BE BOMBASTIC – no - Speak with facts• BE VERBOSE – no - Speak to the point & in simple words• BE FAST – no speak slowly, clearly and concisely• BE STYLISH – no – communicate and win others
5. What will you achieve in 30 minutes?• Prove your temperament, skills and expertise• Prove that you listen and encourage others• Prove that you can convert group into team• Complementary skills 1+1=11• Prove it that collective judgement is better• Brain storm to bring out the best of you• Bring innovative solutions• Synthesise and conclude