2. • Convenience• Supporting the community• Cost• Greener Living• Community development• Support local economy
3. • Give students a live experience with someone who writes or illustrates books• Real world experience• Learn from someone other than their teacher• Gets kids excited about reading• Helps kids connect to stories in a more meaningful way
4. • Cost Effective• Remind students: Authors are everywhere• Stories with recognizable settings
5. • Author fee• Travel and accommodations fee *• Publicity• Developing the collection to include more books by this author*• Books to sell for autographing• Staff Time* Ways that local authors can save you “green!”
6. Robert J. Blake (local) Roland Smith• Requested Honorarium- • Author fee- $5,000 per $1,500 day• 3 presentations a day • 4 presentations a day• PowerPoint presentation • PowerPoint presentation• Willing to travel • Pays own travel, hotel and• Will speak to any food age, preferred audience • Speaks to any age or size size is 125 but will speak to larger or smaller
7. • Community Support• Community Sponsors• School funding• PTO/PTA• Specific Fundraiser: Book sale or book fair, car wash, after school party, pot luck school meal before another event, t-shirt sales
8. • Can’t bring an author to you kids? Bring your kids to the authors!• October 14-16 Legislative Plaza Downtown, Nashville, TN• Authors: Nashville’s own Ann Patchett, T.A. Barron, Chris Bohjalian, Pseudonymous Bosch, Charles Frazier, Walter Mosley, Tom Perrotta and MANY more!